Carp and Gummie worms

Discussion in 'Carp Fishing' started by cheapNdisgusting, May 8, 2019.

1. rosscatman

rosscatman Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    going to have to give this a try

Ammo and cheapNdisgusting like this.
  2. Streeter

Streeter New Member

State:
    MI
    Name:
    Jon
    I know this is an old post but just found this forum. The recipe that was posted says whole wheat flour. Doesn't specify a quantity. Anyone tried this and know? I've tried everything from corn, hot dogs, magic bait strawberry dough balls, roasted potatoes, marshmallows, worms, bread balls, etc. I have at least five big carp daily and they just swim right over my baits. The blugills literally attack anything I throw in so corn doesn't even hit the bottom most the time. Very frustrating but trying to find a bait the gills won't eat before the carp.

3. cat seeker 374

cat seeker 374 Well-Known Member

State:
    ILLINOIS
    Name:
    jacob
    Just try it and add flour untill you feel the consistency is right. If you want my 2 cents I would say bait heavily with boiled feed corn (you can look up recipes but my favorite is to take feed corn, wash it and then let it soak for 24 to 48 hours (this Is pretty crucial) before boiling it untill it us soft and squishes easily. This can take as much as 5 hours of boiling depending.) Boiled feed corn is much tougher and much less appetising to bluegill so they will more or less leave it alone.

The other thing you have to take into account though is that the carp may just not be in the mood to feed. Factors such as the temperature, time of day, and if they feel safe greatly impact how likely they are to stop and feed. Carp spook easy and this is where i see most people go wrong. I try and stay about 20 feet away from my rods at all time and if i go any closer i often make slow movements so as to not spook any fish.

eastforker likes this.
  4. cat seeker 374

cat seeker 374 Well-Known Member

State:
    ILLINOIS
    Name:
    jacob
    Also, if bluegill are a problem, try hair rigs. They will hook much less bluegill. For a rig that can survive bluegill, gobys, and other smaller fish you can use either plastic fake corn or boiled feed corn. Both are good options for dealing with gills, turtles, and bullhead.