carp and catfishing

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by sliprig5, Oct 30, 2008.

1. sliprig5

sliprig5 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Name:
    James Shrout
    hey everyone! I have a wonderful bait for you to try on rivers. Wheatie balls with vanilla or almond extract for flavoring. Get a box of wheatoes and open it, let it stale for about a week. When you go fishing bring along a bottle of vanilla or almond extract. Grab a handful of wheaties and dip them in water. Make a ball out of it. Flavor it with a couple of drops of extract. Put the flavored ball on a medium sized treble hook with a big egg sinker and gently cast it into a hole in the middle of the river. Tell me how it works for you! Carp especially love it but cats will go crazy too. Good luck!

2. misterwhisker

misterwhisker New Member

State:
    T. Bowl
    you forgot to say...and hold on :wink:

3. BobbyLee

BobbyLee New Member

State:
    Zanesville, Ohio
    I use something similiar. Carp and channel cats love it. I just mix maple syrup and vanilla extract in a small jar. Make up a dough ball, put it in on a hook, and then just dunk it a few times in the mixture...:006:

4. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    Thanks for the infro guys:cool2:

5. kittiehunternm

kittiehunternm New Member

State:
    ohio
    nice i still fprefer plain o oatmeal

6. tkishkape

tkishkape New Member

State:
    Gore, Okla
    I always used Wheaties dampened with red soda pop. I guess it was flavored with vanilla.:smile2:

7. mankind

mankind New Member

State:
    ashland ky
    my grand pa used that many many years ago killed the carp with them,kinda brought back good memoreys:roll_eyes:

8. katkiller77

katkiller77 New Member

State:
    dayton ohio
    I usually have carp and catfish go crazy over liver myself but will have to try that rick