Carp 5-28-08

Discussion in 'Carp Fishing' started by D_Weezy, May 28, 2008.

1. D_Weezy

D_Weezy Active Member

State:
    Cadiz, Ohio
    Name:
    Dale
    I went carp fishing for a little while today at the local park. I caught three small ones, between 6 - 8 lbs. I was using canned whole kernel corn. I just thought I would put a few pictures up.

Attached Files:

2. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Sounds like you had your self a good time fishing and that is a nice carp that you caught, congrats on catching it, I havent ever used the bait you useed, but I know that I have had luck catching them with fresh dough balls, and also I have caught them before on, nightcrawlers.

3. mcwrestler

mcwrestler New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Looks like good fun. I have not went out since my move a week or 2 ago. Maybe soon.

4. catfish slick

catfish slick New Member

State:
    California
    Dale, that carp fishing looks like it could be a lot of fun. The other day I was coming home from A Cat fishing trip out at the aqueduct, and the liver I had been useing was getting a little to old to save for the next trip, and I for got to feed it to the fish their where I was fishing, so I stooped up on the bridge on the way out to toss it in to the water for the fish, and when I looked down off the bridge in the water, their was a school of carp feeding along the bank, and I know some of them were at least three feet long. And they would have nothing to do with that liver. I would like to know the size hook you use and and the depth you fish, and I assume that you use a float. I remember catching carp as a kid with doe balls made out of light bread. I think I may have to try that carp fishing when the cat are not biteing. Thanks for any help you can give me.

5. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Thats a big old Carp.

6. D_Weezy

D_Weezy Active Member

State:
    Cadiz, Ohio
    Name:
    Dale
    Phillip,

I use a size 6 or 4 J-hook. I use a hair-rig, you can do a search on how to make hair-rigs. They will increase your hook-ups. Bread is a great bait for carp, but so are many other things. You can use canned corn, peas and beans. You can also use dried beans and cook them until they are still firm. This same thing is done with feed corn. Carp love these baits and it is harder for smaller fish to steal it, because it is too hard for them to eat. I do not use a float, but I sometimes use floating foam on my hair-rig to keep it out of the weeds. Carp are primarily a bottom feeding fish. I usually fish for them in 2-10 feet of water. If it is legal to chum for carp in your state, throw a handful of corn into shallow water. Set your rod up with a hair-rig and a slip sinker. Bait your hair-rig and throw it near where you chummed. Place your rod into a sturdy rod holder, set your drag and wait. If you have anymore ?'s just ask.

7. Bacardipr05

Bacardipr05 New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    Nice going Dale..Congrats...

8. PhillyCatcatcher4

PhillyCatcatcher4 New Member

State:
    S.W.Phila.,Penn.
    Nice carp. :wink: I'm still looking to land my first. :crazy: :big_smile:

9. catfish slick

catfish slick New Member

State:
    California
    Hey thanks Dale,
    I have always used liver are anchovies for Bate while fishing for Catfish. and I have never had a carp to bite it, and I know that the aqueduct where I fish is full of carp because they are jumping out of the water all the time. I will give that Caned corn a try next time I am out their. and I will go to the library and look up how to set up that hair-rig.
    Thanks for your help Dale.