Carolinas Catfish Hall Of Fame

Discussion in 'Carolina Catfish Club' started by WylieCat, Jul 28, 2009.

1. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    I was kicking around an idea for the Carolina Catfish Club to put together a Carolina Catfish Hall of Fame. :eek:oooh:

Basically, we would induct a select number of anglers each year based on some predetermined qualifications. It would not be a popularity contest, but based on the anglers contribution to promoting and preserving the sport of catfish angling. :big_smile:

Throw me out some thoughts on the topic. :wink:

2. mudfishmusic

mudfishmusic New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Is there a local club officially offiliated with this site? I've heard it mentioned before but I haven't figured out whether it is something we are all part of by joining Catfish1 or whether it's a seperate group with some members who post on this board as well.

3. WylieCat

State:
    NC
  4. mudfishmusic

mudfishmusic New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    I wouldn't mind joining a group like this if it were a little closer to home. It's funny to me that I live at the head of Lake Marion and haven't found a catfishing club close to home yet. If I'm correct the two main ones on here are either in NC or around the Pee Dee area. I would love to get together and swap fish tales once a month if it didn't mean loading up the boat and dragging it a couple of hours away from the best catfishing in the world:smile2:. Has anyone considered starting something up that's based out of Santee? Boedict and I bounced the idea around briefly but never took it any further.

5. billfish76

billfish76 Active Member

State:
    Rock Hill, SC
    I like the idea. That should be a meeting topic at a upcoming meeting. BUT Who is going to say who is inducted and why. There would have to be a way of submitting votes to induct the person, and a way of nominating the person. Then is it a monthly thing,or yearly thing. If yearly thats alot of info to keep stored somewhere till the time comes.

6. roundhill

roundhill New Member

State:
    kings mtn
    it needs to be like the baseball hof give each member a vote 12345 if you get in it takes 80% anybody can be nomanated but to get in you have to get 80% aproval that way it will be a major acoplisment

7. WylieCat

State:
    NC
    "....BUT Who is going to say who is inducted and why...."

"...anybody can be nomanated but to get in you have to get 80% aproval that way it will be a major acoplisment..."

Good questions.

There will have to be some criteria established. Record holders are great, but what else did they contribute to the sport? Lots of "catfish legends" in the Carolinas.

It is something we can definately work on. :wink:

8. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    I know lots of folks who are legends in their own mind! :wink::eek:oooh::big_smile::smile2:

Bill in SC

9. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    Yeah Bills right!!!:smile2:I nominate him and me.:big_smile::smile2:First thing we will need to submit a blood test for banned substances,Some of you guys are starting to look like you might be on steroids.Can't count fish over 50lbs caught if the fisherman is on roids.Unfair advantage.Nobody that uses braid or other than circle hooks is elgible.No fish caught with a guide can be used to enhance you reputation or nomination.HOWEVER if you went out with a guide and caught no fish that is worth double points when considering your nomination.:smile2:Only fish caught from shore without using electronic devices are elgible for enhancing a reputation.Noodled fish count double for you reputation but must be subtracted 3x from your intelligence score.:wink:Should be easy process to select folks for this great honor.:smile2::big_smile:

10. mudfishmusic

mudfishmusic New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    This is great!!! I think you're getting it all worked out.

11. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Reps to ya, Jim!! That was FUNNY!!! :smile2::smile2::smile2:

Bill in SC

12. DamonG

DamonG Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Now that was funny right there.:smile2::smile2::smile2:

13. droptine77

droptine77 New Member

State:
    Anderson, SC
    Chris Simpson.

I don't know of anybody else who has worked as hard as he has for this great sport.

14. cattastrophe

cattastrophe New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Do you think we might be able to vote for more than 1 because Chris is an awsome fisherman and both Green brothers are doing a fantastic job with the turnys and you WYLIECAT your my HERO . So do you see my delima?

Last edited: Jul 31, 2009