Carolinas Catfish Club February Speaker

Discussion in 'Carolina Catfish Club' started by WylieCat, Feb 10, 2008.

1. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Our February meeting will be this coming Wednesday night at the Gander Mountain store in Mooresville at 7:00pm.

Phillip Price will be speaking on fishing Mt. Island Lake and the Catawba River chain. He has caught many 40, 50, and 60 pound fish in the Tennessee River system, and has been fishing Mt. Island Lake a lot recently. His success has carried over and has caught Arkansas blue catfish in the 30, 40, and 50 pound range in Mt. Island Lake. It is a timely seminar considering NCCATS will be having a tournament there the 23rd of this month!

Speaking of tournaments; the season is up and running and many club members have been fishing events in both NC and SC. Listed below are some of the upcoming tournaments. If you need further information please e-mail me.

Upcoming Tournaments:
    2.23.08 / NCCCATS / Mt. Island Lake
    3.8.08 / NCCATS / Badin Lake / Guaranteed $1000 First Place!
    3.29.08 / Carolina Catmen / Santee Cooper

We will also have a brief discussion on the NCWRC public hearings. Many members attended and spoke at the various meetings and we will share some of our experiences and what we learned.

As always, be sure to check out the Carolinas Catfish Club forum on www.catfish1.com

I hope to see you all Wednesday the 13th.

2. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    Im going to try and make this meeting. I know price is a good speaker and he knows big cats! I need some help on Mt. Island for the NCCATS anyways.:wink: I just hope i get in from work early enough to make the drive. Hope to see you guys there.

3. jerry9497

jerry9497 New Member

State:
    Tobaccoville NC
    anyone from winston salem area going to meeting? carpool? I will try to be there.

4. WylieCat

State:
    NC
    Jerry I hope you make it! Phillip Price is loaded with info and does a good presentation.

5. gearhead

gearhead New Member

State:
    China Grove, NC
    Do you need to be a member to attend.

6. WylieCat

State:
    NC
    NO!!

You do not have to be a member to attend. Come out, try us out, try us out a couple of times, and if you like what you see then you can join!!