Carolina Skiff

Discussion in 'BUY AND SELL - MAKE $$$ - GET CHEAP DEALS' started by Bill in SC, Aug 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Folks I MAY consider TRADING my J-16 Carolina Skiff with a 25hp Tohatsu and galvanized trailer for an aluminum boat with a jet drive engine. It would have to be a SC/NC/GA trading area as that is about as far as I would want to drive to trade. My skiff is a very solid boat, with a dependable running engine. Just putting my feelers out to see if there is any interest in some sort of trade. I'm not interested in selling the skiff, just want to trade so I can access a stretch of the Pee Dee that few people can get to without a jet drive. The skiff is currently rigged with 10, 3/8 rod holders and an Eagle 320 fish finder. It has a bench seat dry storage unit that I removed for extra room, but that goes with it too. It is 48 inches wide on the floor.

Bill in SC

Attached Files:

2. beespringer

beespringer New Member

State:
    sunfish, k
    Thats a good lookin rig you got there Bill.:wink:

3. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    No, the only other thing I would consider trading it for would be an older Harley Davidson. Thanks for the comments.

BB in SC

4. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    If anyone has an older Harley in a barn somewhere, give me a PM. Bike can be running or not, whole or in pieces, as long as it is titled and all there. May consider traveling further for a Harley trade.

Bill in SC

5. wabah58

wabah58 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Humm, like a 1958 Panhead? Let me think about it, I'll get back to ya. :wink:

Attached Files:

6. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    LOL! NICE bike. I had a '52 Pan. Ran it head on into a pickup truck and destroyed it! Lucky to have survived! I jumped off right before it hit, and I rolled a long way down the road, with NO helmet of course. That was in '81. I am a BLESSED man to be alive! I know you weren't serious about a trade for your Pan, but I sure appreciate the pic you posted of it! And yes, I probably would drive almost that far for a trade. :cool2:

Bill in SC

7. BigBird

BigBird New Member

State:
    Charlotte, NC
    I have never seen a harley with a trailer hitch pulling a big red blunt to the river! lol:smile2::tounge_out::roll_eyes::crazy:

8. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    It would probably take the Blunt AND my skiff to get consideration for a trade for the Pan he posted! :eek:oooh: I'd love to find another Pan to build. I had a '52, which is the reason I'm half crippled now. Like I say, I'll take a Harley basket case as long as it's all there, and titled. An old shovelhead would be fine. Panhead, Knucklehead, 80" Flathead, running Sporster or Buell. I'm flexible! Hell, titled frame motor and transmission and I'll do/find the rest.

Bill in SC

9. gotta go

gotta go New Member

State:
    SC
    quote by Bill

:eek:oooh: I'd love to find another Pan to build. I had a '52, which is the reason I'm half crippled now.

Man i know the feeling, corvette rear ended me in the 90's, i was stopped making a left hand turn. He was running about 55 and said he never seen me till i came thur his windshield and crushed his steering wheel. I lived, but it did cause a few problems and an early retirement:smile2: Oh, i never bought another street bike after that. (may have been in the 80's, time flys when you are fishn)

Last edited: Sep 1, 2009
  10. wabah58

wabah58 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Did someone say "Shovelhead"? Hey I had one of those. Dual plug heads, single fire, jockey shift, ape hangers to the sky. I miss that bike. Some dude threw $12,000 at me, had to sell it. Think I had $8500 in it with paint.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 1, 2009
  11. wabah58

wabah58 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Sorry Bill, didn't mean to hijack your thread. Can we turn this into a show your old Harley thread? LOL

12. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Heck yeah!! By all means! That was a nice custom shovel you sold! With the economy such as it is now, I have been seeing great customs going for between $6,000 and $12,000. I have been seeing sportsters for as low as $2,000. I have seen '70s era stock shovelheads going for as low as $3,000 to $3,500. I was just testing the waters here to see what I could come up with. Ya never know.

Bill in SC

13. wabah58

wabah58 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I think chances are good for you to find what you want for trading that boat. I've noticed some real good deals on sleds too. You can find big twin Evo's for $6000 now, if you look hard enough around here.

Back on subject though, what I would guess you want for that boat, you should be able to find a guy to trade you his sled. I'd for sure hold out for a Big Twin though, unless it was a real rare 98 Buell White Lightning. :wink:

Titles are real easy to get, don't let that hold up a good deal, cost you a extra $250 though. As long as it's atleast 10 years old, and not hot.

14. wabah58

wabah58 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    If you live in Alaska, Hawaii, Georgia, Alabama, or NORTHCarolina, can't be done. Every other state, yep no prob. As long as the motorcycle is older than a 1993, and has a original frame, piece of cake. I've done it many times in Missouri, IL. Common sense applies though, Can't be stolen, can't currently be titled in your state, and can't be a salvage vehicle or kit car. Oh and Boats are even easier to get a title for.

In Alabama, vehicles older than 1975 models (up through 1974) are transferred by a Bill of Sale & Tag Receipt only. For other vehicles after 1975, through 1992, they have an affiliate in another state and the same procedures apply. Therefore, we and our Licensed Dealers may legally buy a vehicle from you. All you need is to furnish us a copy of our completed application form.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2009
  15. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Well, I'm into hardcore home built choppers, no billet crap here. My last build had over ONE HUNDRED HAND MADE parts on it and was featured in the August '05 Horse magazine. I recently bought a '90 model Evo engine for $1200, and had all the parts gathered to assemble a complete bike. Then, I wanted a bigger boat, so I sold the project so I could buy the 'Big Red Blunt'. I put the value of my skiff at $3000, so I hope to be able to find a decent trade somewhere. Here's what I sold to get the Blunt.

Bill in SC

Attached Files:

16. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    BTW: I have a couple of custom built Telecasters to sweeten the deal that I may part with one of, for the right Harley deal.

BB

17. wabah58

wabah58 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Sweet! Was that a HD softale frame re worked or aftermarket? Looked like a single up tube, up front???

Umm well since were on Evo now, Last Evo build I did for a guy was one of those Billet specials..LOL. Have to build what the customer wants, man.

Attached Files:

18. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    The frame was from a stock '94, Big Twin. I had $1500 in the TITLED frame. We did away with the swingarm, and made the hardtail, and the single down tube. The thing I miss the most was the OEM springer that went with it. It was practically new, and I only had $900 in it. I wish I could post up my bike ('67 Triumph 650 Tiger) that made a feature in the Horse mag, but the pics are on my old computer, and for some reason, it won't let me transfer them to a disk or memory stick. I was building the last one styled after the Japanese Zero Engineering designs. I may build a hotrod Sporster or Buell this time, but I'm leaning towards the Evo designed engine. Just too much wrenching keeping the ironheads up and running. Here is a link to the type stuff I tolerate.

http://velvetcustoms.com/Succubus.aspx

Bill in SC

19. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Still debating? Let's trade!

BB in SC

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.