Carolina Rig

Discussion in 'INDIANA RIVERS TALK' started by cjharrol, Aug 31, 2006.

1. cjharrol

cjharrol New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Someone please post a picture of what a carolina rig looks like. Thanks in advance.

2. skippie2use

skippie2use New Member

State:
    Indiana
    From top to bottom. sinker,Swivel,leader ,and then hook. Sorry I cant draw, but that is all there is to it.

3. Jeremy Leach

Jeremy Leach New Member

State:
    Madison In
    I would recomend a bead between the sinker and swivel. This will keep your sinker from messing your knot up.........

4. Fishinfreak

Fishinfreak Member

State:
    North Bend,Ohio
  5. ScottWiseman

ScottWiseman New Member

State:
    Indianapolis,Indiana
    This is my setup. I am not good with artwork, so forgive the bad design...haha:

Attached Files:

6. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    I have found that many of my beads over the years seem to be harder than my pure lead sinkers.I believe a bead will often cut your line as quick or quicker than a pure lead weight.I have found that 1/4-1/2 inches of aquarium tubing will stop this.I still use a bead if necessary due to the hole size in my sinkers.I often saved and used my cast net sinkers with the larger hole.When I got into reloading,I proved what I had suspected for years.Lead fishing weights come in many different weights and hardnesses for the same so call common weights.I found that they varied over the years,with the same weights from the same reputable Outfitter and mail order out fit that is still in business today.I have also ordered beads from them in the past.I think that lead alloys are often recycled into fishing weights with no thought as to hardness or the slight weight difference.After all,it would only affect few.I am 61 years old.I think that this was going on before I was born as I have found some very hard OLD sinkers.peewee-williams

7. ScottWiseman

ScottWiseman New Member

State:
    Indianapolis,Indiana
    I actually have found some beads that are soft rubber instead of the hard plastic ones that everyone uses. They are mainly used for European style carp fishing, but work well with the Carolina rig shown above. If anyone needs to know where to get them, PM me.

8. kycatman01

kycatman01 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Welcome to the BOC, Chris!! I don't think I have had the chance to welcome you, yet.

9. cjharrol

cjharrol New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Thanks Scott for the picture of the setup. And everyone else thank you for your additional knowledge.

10. tnkatman

tnkatman New Member

State:
    Bluff City, TN
    Scott's Post Is What I Use. Along With A Bead Between The Sinker And Swivel.

11. typer181

typer181 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Indy
    Name:
    Eric
    I love those rubber beads, sometimes its hard to get large Power Pro through the hole. They sell em at West Side.