Carolina rig question

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by Curly, Jun 6, 2006.

1. Curly

Curly New Member

State:
    OHIO
    My hook and leader keep gettin all tangled up on my bobber. My leaders are usually anywhere from 12 to 24 inches. Need some help please. It gets on my nerves when i real my line in and i see that my bait is one foot off the top of the water.:confused2:

2. Jammer

Jammer New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I use a "stand-off" from a crappie rig to hold the line out away from the drop line to the sinker. It's not perfect but it helps. I'm talking about he little twisted wire thing.

3. catseeman

catseeman New Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    I use a bait walker sinker rig ,it has long arms about 10 inches. the weight is poured about half way up the lower arm , the upper arm has a swivel attached to it, it really helps.

4. duxsrus

duxsrus New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    I make my leaders slightly shorter than my float and they usually don't get wrapped that way. Sometimes they will but not usually.

5. sherdan

sherdan New Member

State:
    Lebanon, Missouri
    It's nearly 6 in the morning and being about half asleep I may be miss reading your post if so ignoreme, try using a slip bobber, if set above your leader then should slide to it's stop and if it doesn't you'd know it's tangled but you shouldn't have any trouble with that set up.

6. ohiohawghunter45067

ohiohawghunter45067 New Member

State:
    Trenton, Ohio
    your leader is way to long you are pretty overlapping yur boober during cast. elminate a good portion of that leader should solve problem. you also may be casting a lil to rough. if you are using a spinnng outfit stop your line spool as soon as float hits water then let go of spool. this will help as well.

7. liveforcattin08

liveforcattin08 New Member

State:
    ohio
    use the little straw things with a float on the end above your slip bobber. that is what those are for , i never have that problm.

8. Curly

Curly New Member

State:
    OHIO
    It seems it only happens generally when i cast into the wind. I fished tonight in the wind blowing in my face...and i had to take my slip bobber off.........got tangled so bad. I shortened my leader to 10 inches......still got tangled......gotta be the wind!!!.....I'm almost certain it is the wind....thanks for the replies guys!!