Carolina Catfish Club Meeting April 13th

Discussion in 'LOCAL NORTH CAROLINA TALK' started by WylieCat, Apr 8, 2009.

1. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Monday April the 13th will be our next meeting of the Carolina Catfish Club. As always, we will meet at the Gander Mountain store in Mooresville, NC at 7:00pm.

This month, author and sonar expert Jake Bussolini will be discussing how to better understand your sonar unit. I have heard Jake speak several times, and every time I come away with something new that I can apply to catching catfish. His engineering background helps to take some of the mystery out of what the sonar unit does and why.

The meeting is open to the public, free of charge, and you do not have to be a club member to attend this seminar.

We look forward to seeing everyone this coming Monday. :wink:

2. billfish76

billfish76 Active Member

State:
    Rock Hill, SC
    Im looking forward to hearing what Jake has to say. Ive heard him speak before and hope to pick up more info this time around.

Also we still have T-shirts, Long Sleve T-Shirts, and hoodies for sale. Ill have them at the meeting.

3. BigBird

BigBird New Member

State:
    Charlotte, NC
    Good idea with the sonar help. I will take all the help I can get!:smile2:

4. Catfish_Commando

Catfish_Commando TF Staff Member

State:
    Georgia
    Dieter,

Are you going to be filming this?

5. WylieCat

State:
    NC
    I had not planned on it, but if LakeNormanBlues will get Jakes permission I will do it. :wink:

6. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    Name:
    Mac
    Jake said it would be OK to video tape his presentation as long as the Actors Guild did not find out about it.

7. WylieCat

State:
    NC
    Jake Bussolini did an awesome job with his sonar presentation at our meeting Monday night.

Again, I picked up and learned something new from what he discussed. No matter how many times I have heard LakeNormanBlues, Gus, Capt. Daryll, or Jake speak, I always come away with some new information for my next trip out on the lake.

Jake has published two books, Freshwater Fighters and Jake's Take on the Lake, and he has a third book he is working on. From what I understand LakeNormanBlues even has his own chapter in one of them!!

If you have questions for Jake he can be reached via e-mail at: allandco@roadrunner.com

Thanks again Jake!!

8. katsandsuds

katsandsuds New Member

State:
    North Caro
    Thanks WylieCat. Do you know when/if the video will be posted? Had some plumbing issues at the house last night and was not able to make it down.

9. WylieCat

State:
    NC
    "...Do you know when/if the video will be posted?...."

We did not videotape this presentation. Jakes presentation is not really conducive to being taped due the length and the format of the presentation.

Hopefully we can work with Jake in the future to tape some shorter informational pieces on the sonar and how it relates to catfish.

10. catfish98054

catfish98054 New Member

State:
    hampstead,
    shucks dieter you should have put him on the web cam so we all could see to far from down here to make it after working all day :wink: