Carolina Catfish Club Fall Tournaments

Discussion in 'Carolina Catfish Club' started by WylieCat, Jul 26, 2009.

PICK THREE LAKES for a Carolina Catfish Club fall tournament

1. Lake Hickory

2. Lake Norman

3. Mt. Island Lake

4. Lake Wylie

5. Lake Wateree

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    The Carolina Catfish Club is kicking around some locations for our fall tournaments. What better way to get some input than to ask the BOC crowd!! :big_smile:

While not everyone that can take this poll is a CCC member, perhaps there are some folks that would be interested in joining if there were tournaments in their area.

The majority of our membership is located within 20 miles of the Catawba River chain, so our tournaments this fall will be on the Catawba chain of lakes.

Attached is a list of lakes. Please take a moment to pick your top lake. :wink:

Last edited: Jul 26, 2009
  2. martygreen

martygreen Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Rock Hill,S.C.
    Looking good so far with 9 voters.Hopefully Team Green will be able to fish em all this year.:wink:Hopefull my "ON Call" weekends wont interfere:sad2:

3. rocky357

rocky357 New Member

State:
    Belmont, NC
    Ever thought about High Rock? I've heard its a really good Flathead lake.

Early Sept night tourney should be pretty good?

4. bowler man

bowler man New Member

State:
    nc
    i would like to fish wylie haven't fished there much and no very little about the lake :wink::crazy:from what i hear there are a few big fish in there but no flatheads :wink: and there aren't many blues either :crazy:

5. Jeffrey Green

Jeffrey Green New Member

State:
    S.C.
    I might have to put my hip waders on after that reply Bowlerman:smile2:

6. DamonG

DamonG Member

State:
    South Carolina
    As deep as that just got you ought to forget about the waders and just try to hold your arm up and save the watch.:smile2::smile2:

7. billfish76

billfish76 Active Member

State:
    Rock Hill, SC
    Id like to see Wateree added this year, along with Wylie and Mt. Island. We have alot of new members from SC, so I think we need to do what we can to make it a series they can join in without having to be the only ones to have to travel a good distance. Those 3 lakes wont be to far for people to drive in both directions. Id also like to see a CCC 4th tournament that is open to anyone as the first one of the series, maby in the beginning of October, maby on Wylie (centrally located). Then do another at the end of October, beginning of November, and begining of December. Hopfully the first will get people interested in fishing the rest and joining the club.

If we get things done ASAP for this we can get the word out duing the remaining tournaments coming up.

8. WylieCat

State:
    NC
    "...Ever thought about High Rock?...."

We considered all the Yadkin River lakes.

Like I said in the original post; most of our members are located near and fish the Catawba River chain of lakes. While we could possibly gain new members by having an event on High Rock, it is not our intention to get folks to join our club just to fish a tournament in their area and never be seen or heard from the rest of the year. If that was the case we would have them all over the Carolinas.

We have a solid core base of members that we are focused on working with to learn more about catfish angling and conservation. That is really our focus, and the tournaments are just a side show for fun.

There are plenty of other tournament series that fish the Yadkin, so I am sure interested anglers will be able to get their fill of Yadkin River tournament action.

9. martygreen

martygreen Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Rock Hill,S.C.
    I would like to see Wateree in it as well.:big_smile:

And just a Thought:How about Round 2 of the Iron Man on Wylie Oct.10th,CCC during the Day,Teds at Night:crazy::wink:

10. WylieCat

State:
    NC
    "....How about Round 2 of the Iron Man on Wylie Oct.10th,CCC during the Day,Teds at Night...."

That Ted's event is a "winner take all / total weight" event that runs until 1:00am. I will not be fishing that tournament, because I do not want to clean that many fish.

Saturday the 10th will probably be one of the choices for a CCC event, along with October 3rd, and the 24th. It looks like everyone is leaning toward Saturday for the tournaments.

11. billfish76

billfish76 Active Member

State:
    Rock Hill, SC

12. WylieCat

State:
    NC
    Did they change it to three fish only? Nice if they did. :wink:

13. bowler man

bowler man New Member

State: