Carlyle

Discussion in 'ILLINOIS RIVERS TALK' started by Slick Skin, Apr 15, 2008.

1. Slick Skin

Slick Skin New Member

State:
    Charleston ILL.
    Has any body heard there's a problem at the dam at Carlyle or is it just a rumor??????????????Army corps ..supposedly said something about a shift it the dam..this is all second hand imfo. but I'v heard this rumor three time's now .I was just wondering.....

2. alands94

alands94 Active Member

State:
    Lebanon, I
    I haven't heard anything about it before. Interesting...

3. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    That is very interesting. Let us know if you find out fact or fiction. That goes right along with our bridge failure problem and would be just as dangerous.

4. illinois_angler

illinois_angler Member

State:
    IL
    I've heard a similar thing about the dam. I haven't been able to get anything other than someone heard this though. Carlyle wouldn't be near as high if Shelbyville hadn't been held high all winter. Carlyle held close to winter pool at 443 and Shelbyville was 5 - 6 feet high during the same time.

I wouldn't be fishing below the dam anytime soon....just in case.:wink:

5. dewboy24us

dewboy24us New Member

State:
    Missouri
    i heard the same rumor so i talked with the army corps of engineers and conservation. both assured me that there was nothing wrong with the dam and they had been hearing the same rumors.

6. big-muddy

big-muddy New Member

State:
    norfolk, va
    i heard that rumor, but i heard it about the Waltonville Subimpoundment dam on Rend. the water has been rushing over it for weeks.

7. Slick Skin

Slick Skin New Member

State:
    Charleston ILL.
    first I have a hard time beliveing any thing the army corp's has to say ...they said for 6 month's there were no problem's at Shelbyville either ,,Two week's after that statement was put out by the corp's they found a20 foot deep 4 foot across blow hole of a shaft on the west side of the dam..The city worker's noticed a low spot that kept getting lower.This was a couple of year's ago..they got it fixed but I guess that wasn't a problem as far as the corp's concerned....now the people living below the dam thought that it was....

8. TNYHWK1

TNYHWK1 Member

State:
    ROCKFORD ILLINOIS
    I didn't wake up for the earthquake. I live in the northern part of the state. BUT and a big BUT I would took into the safety of the dam Dam now. :confused2:

9. Slick Skin

Slick Skin New Member

State:
    Charleston ILL.
    the first one hit at 4:37 .I was getting ready to go turkey hunting.the second one hit at 10 :14 I had a gobbler looking at my decoy.....when the ground quit moving I shot..

Attached Files:

10. RiverHunter

RiverHunter New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I've heard about the Carlyle Lake dam shifting for about the last 25 yrs every time we have high water. With all that shifting it should be down to Fayetteville by now! I think its all BS.

11. Slick Skin

Slick Skin New Member

State:
    Charleston ILL.
    Talked to the boy's a fayetteville ,they said it was already bank full and it rained yesterday ...all night last night .. as was still rainning today and he bet he got 5 inch's ..thought in might run through the parking lot at the boat ramp there:sad2: