carlyle

Discussion in 'LOCAL ILLINOIS TALK' started by divulsionbob, Mar 24, 2008.

1. divulsionbob

divulsionbob New Member

State:
    illinois
    well went out saturday. about 10:00 used night crawlers and shad guts i bought from the bait shop there in carlyle. he told me about a little creek off the lake. no bite. went to the old river channel. no bites. got snagged up at the spillway. drove up to hazlet state park. found little spot.no bites. so about 5:00pm went home. had a great time though.just being out was great. but the river and lake is up really high right now.
    if anyone goes out .be great to hear how you did and what you were fishing with. help me out alot. iam new to the board and site. ,thanks for your time,bobby

2. alands94

alands94 Active Member

State:
    Lebanon, I
    Thanks for the report. All this water has definitely affected fishing. Several of us fish Carlyle pretty heavily throughout the year and are willing to provide all the info we can. Welcome to the BOC!

3. Slick Skin

Slick Skin New Member

State:
    Charleston ILL.
    That's just the way it is sometime's... did you get your bait at Ma Ma Lavish's .she alway's has a good selection of bait's....

4. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    Thanks Bobby, I know if you make the ride up to Keyesport there are a few spots that you can get into the old river bed from shore, out of the rock, (that being the only bad thing) but once you get settled on they aren't so bad. If you have a descent map showing the old channel it will be off the point by the ramps, between that and the beach, it makes a fairly tight bend there that I like to drift fish on, same can be done with a Float, in the current there. Just heard that they are going to run Shelby down here pretty quick so they should have Carlyle open also, or that is usually what they do......

5. Slick Skin

Slick Skin New Member

State:
    Charleston ILL.
    I went and looked at Shelbyville Sat. I live a half hour east of there.The lake is about three forth's full.... so it can take on some water

6. bwhupp

bwhupp New Member

State:
    Belleville
    Why is time going so slow... I want spring to be here and good fishing to resume!

7. divulsionbob

divulsionbob New Member

State:
    illinois
    Keyesport? is that section of carlyle, yeah rocks dont bother me. but i get snagged every time near the spill way. so i fished the little old creek that runs along the park near the bridge. but id like to check out this Keyesport.
    thanks for the info.

8. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    Yes it is up on the north end of the lake Bob, just north of where you were at the campground the rocks I speak of are just along the bank for the most not out in the water to much. pm me an email I have a descent map I can send ya to down load and print, Tried to put it up on here but it wont go :sad2:

9. catfisherman369

catfisherman369 Floyd

State:
    Nashville Il.
    Just stay north on 127 and look for keysport signs . You ever get near nashville il. washington county lake ? It is worth checking out . Very nice fishing.

10. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    Yep that will work, had a brain cramp,, or Bob, when you are headed out of Haslett Park, the first right after you exit the park will run you up also, it snakes around a few turns but will bring ya out at the restaurant and bait shop across the road, hang a left (east) and it ill take you into town to a stop at the gas station (on right) turn Right (south) and that will run you to the ramp area. You will See it on a map, can not remember the road name for nothing right now........... :tounge_out:

11. ldw45

ldw45 Member

State:
    Illinois