Carlyle spillway

Discussion in 'ILLINOIS RIVERS TALK' started by Rockin' Blues, Aug 13, 2007.

1. Rockin' Blues

Rockin' Blues New Member

State:
    st.louis mo.
    A friend of mine was at Carlyle spillway"Kaskaskia river' saturday and said there were dead fish everywhere.He said there were so many you could almost walk across the slough on them.There not letting any water out so the fish are trapped with no oxygen.He also said there were some huge catfish floating and some Carlyle lk. boys were driving around in there boat scooping them into a cage.

2. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    Don't dou8bt that at all, I know 2 weeks ago tonight we were at the dam west side of the spillway and there were so many dead fish and trash that you couldn't take a breath! Alot of them fish were big-heads that people were snaggin and leaving on the bank...... Nasty place lately. gonna take a flood to clean it out.

3. big-muddy

big-muddy New Member

State:
    norfolk, va
    yep probably not gonna be any good till next year when the rain and the runnoff get the water back up.

4. nitronostrils

nitronostrils New Member

State:
    IL
    The spillway was pretty good fishing early in the season. From looking at the water level charts on IfishIL it has dropped drastically. Just curious does the spillway get in this condition each year around this time?

5. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    Not generally, but with the major lack of rain, there are a lot in bad shape..... I know this is by far the worst I have ever seen that spillway, just looks like the state has even give up there...... I don't mind pick'n up other trash when we banck fish as we always do, but that would take a small army! (and the aid of fresh air or nose clips)