Carlyle Ramps

Discussion in 'ILLINOIS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by FREESPOOL, Apr 17, 2008.

1. FREESPOOL

FREESPOOL New Member

State:
    Edwardsville, Illinois
    What's the closest ramp to I-70 on Carlyle that would put me below the RR tracks? I've only used the two ramps down by the dam (dam east & west I believe), and one in Hazlet. Is there a ramp further up North? I might fish out there Saturday. Haven't been on Carlyle since last summer.

2. catmankev

catmankev New Member

State:
    Valmeyer, Illinois
    Keysport! Off of Hwy. 127
    That will put you right at the RR tracks.:wink:

3. FREESPOOL

FREESPOOL New Member

State:
    Edwardsville, Illinois
    Thanks. Do you know if that would 127 to Keysport Rd to Republican St.?

4. catmankev

catmankev New Member

State:
    Valmeyer, Illinois
    Don't remember the names of the roads. There is a sign on 127 at (keyesport rd.?). It's fairly easy to find.

5. FREESPOOL

FREESPOOL New Member

State:
    Edwardsville, Illinois
    Thanks again. One more for ya... :big_smile: Any tips on finding some shad around the keysport area?

6. bwhupp

bwhupp New Member

State:
    Belleville
    Near and under the RR bridge I have caught lots of shad.

7. illinois_angler

illinois_angler Member

State:
    IL
    The ramp north of the tracks, Horseshoe Boat Ramp, is your best bet...Keyesport is closed. With the water so high it will be very difficult to find shad. If you launch at Horseshoe ramp try heading north(just a bit) and a quick left that goes up a small creek. I've caught shad in there when the lake was high.

8. bwhupp

bwhupp New Member

State:
    Belleville
    Will be launching out at Horseshoe tomorrow... will go to that creek area first and see if i can net some shad. I bought 4 dozen nightcrawlers if nothing else... but hopefully I can find some good ole baitfish for my jugs.

9. FREESPOOL

FREESPOOL New Member

State:
    Edwardsville, Illinois
    Thanks for the info. Much appreciatedI talked to Randy (fishfwl) and he suggested horseshoe for a ramp, and the creek for bait also. :wink:

I talked to a guy today that said he was by Keysport ramp yesterday and the water was even with the top of the ramp. I imagine after todays rains, it's well over the top.

What time are you getting to the ramp bwhupp?

10. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    Just motor slow up to the mouth of that creek and remember that there is an old tractor tire in there, altho I am sure it is well under 4 feet of water, and Dan, that would also be a great spot to umm set that deal out you were talking about :wink: right down the creek