carlyle lake

Discussion in 'ILLINOIS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by bigBB, Sep 17, 2008.

1. bigBB

bigBB Member

State:
    St.Louis, MO
    with all the flooding of the rivers around St. Louis I'm thinking about checking out Carlyle this weekend. Does anyone have any tips for me? I've never been to the lake before, so what ramp would be good to use etc. would be great. Thanks

2. ROB_STANG2000

ROB_STANG2000 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Go to the north sid of the lake i use the ramp by hazlet. Good luck it is a big lake.

3. bigBB

bigBB Member

State:
    St.Louis, MO
    thanks for the reply... after some more thought.. i think i may tackle carlyle when i have several days to scout it out. I think i'll just head to baldwin.. anyone know how the fishing has been there? I would assume the water temp has started to drop at least abit.

4. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    Bryan, yer closest ramp would be Horseshoe or at Keys Port, Right now with all the new water coming in the lake is running good and the cat and flatties are back on up north, (well most of the tear actually) fishing the old river channel around the islands and silo are doing well as of the past 5 days any way....... If you ever put in at HS ramp just run along the trusttle to the first hole, it is clear along there to about 20 yards out......... shad are easy still along there. also the sauger and whites as well as soem ince crappie been hitting well too. was gonna add a map for ya but it won't let me load it.... any way, lake has been fishing great all year and getting a bit better I think with the cooler nites

5. Brentkeele

Brentkeele New Member

State:
    Nokomis, Illinois
    Thanks for the report Randy. I've been considering putting in at Cox's bridge and heading down to the lake. With water levels what they are, I'm assuming the ramp, the parking lot, and possibly the road heading in to the Cox's bridge ramp are all under water. :smile2:

6. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    That maybe Brent, you still have the number I gave ya to call them, instead of wasting a trip? just call them they will tell ya if it is open daily......

7. Brentkeele

Brentkeele New Member

State:
    Nokomis, Illinois
    Yeah I still got it. I'll give 'em a call before I use any of that liquid gold my truck likes to burn.:wink:

8. Daave

Daave New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Hello,

I'm new to the fourms but I saw your post and wanted to comment. I fish at the spill way in Carlyle every other weekend so If there is something I can help you with let me know. I'm not to familiar with the surrounding area's but my brother is(being a local) and could probably help out with whatever questions you might have.

I'm headed there in about 9 hours for some more action so if I can scout anything for you let me know.

-Daave

9. Daave

Daave New Member

State:
    Missouri
    To clarify we have been fishing on the lower portion of the spillway at the south end of the lake.

[​IMG]

Last week we were fortunate enough to land a spoonbill with the usual load of carp. No cats :-(

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

We tried going to Alton, IL last night around midnight but the road was flooded to get to the damn where you could bank fish.

10. bwhupp

bwhupp New Member

State:
    Belleville
    Dude that is totally awesome!

11. Brentkeele

Brentkeele New Member

State:
    Nokomis, Illinois
    I agree, that rocks!!! Spoonbill is definitely on my list of fish I would like to catch in life!!! Your pics are great!:crazy::wink:

12. lukecpl

lukecpl New Member

State:
    ILLinois
    It is not under Water right now.

I live about 6 Miles From IT.

I heard If you fish under the Bridge with Shrimp you can catch some nice Channel CAT.

Luke