Carlyle lake

Discussion in 'ILLINOIS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by FLOAT TRIP WILLIE, Jun 26, 2007.

1. FLOAT TRIP WILLIE

FLOAT TRIP WILLIE Active Member

State:
    St. Louis
    is anyone having any luck at carlyle w/blues or flatties

2. deerhunter4

deerhunter4 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Not sure about the blues or flatties but I have the fishing report from the St.Louis paper that says the spawn is on for the channels and they are moving towards the rocks...I will be watching this post though...I would love to hear how it is going over there...I have never fished this Lake but I really would like to some day...If any Local BOC MEMBER needs an extra person in the boat someday drop me a PM I would love to go...I have a Boat of my own and will vinture over there one day but sure would be nice to get some inside info before doing that...

3. catfisherman369

catfisherman369 Floyd

State:
    Nashville Il.
    I was up there last sunday and caught some small channels , gars and drums.
    Some fellas was in a boat tied off to the bouys below the spillway jerking in what looked like 10 pounders left and right . There was tons of bank fisherman casting so close to them it was crazy .

4. Duckpoor

Duckpoor New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Friends from Potoka said the Channels are right on time for my most favorite way to get them at and around Boulder.
    A Slip bobber and a Mud leech right on the Rip Rap . Easiest from a boat but the bank fishermen should do fine also.
    We slide in on the sheltered side and start about two foot deep with just enough split shot to get the Leech to sink and yet free to swim. First couple hours of light in the morning and last hour of light in the evening.

Cut shad after that in shallow water seem to work better following those good times. Shad are easy to get while your fishing the leeches. They will come up right around the boat. Still alittle small but growing.

Good Luck, R Green

5. alands94

alands94 Active Member

State:
    Lebanon, I
    Thanks for the tip. I hope to take out my new boat and fish along the trestles (the wide open lake scares me a bit, considering I've never boated Carlyle before!) next week. Once I get my navigation lights rigged, I wouldn't mind trying some night fishing.