Carlyle Lake

Discussion in 'ILLINOIS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by bondman, Mar 22, 2006.

1. bondman

bondman New Member

State:
    Vandalia, IL
    Well its almost time to get the boat out on carlyle and find some fish. They are catching or at least they was catching crappie and white bass. It wont be long before the cats start to bite. how is everyone else doing ?
    Bondman

2. HARVRAD2003

HARVRAD2003 New Member

State:
    ILLINOIS
    Haven't fished there yet this year, I usually only fish around the spillway or down under the bridge area where you can drive---down from the spillway. I really don't know where any other places are to fish there, any ideas of bank fishing around that area.

3. bondman

bondman New Member

State:
    Vandalia, IL
    I fish the spillway and the main lake by the railroad tracks and the face of the dam but there has been some good flats come off the bank across from the boat ramp down by the bridge but you have to park by the spillway and walk to that spot its not that far but you have to walk that always turns some people off. the old river channel also has some flats in it after dark but then again you have to walk unless you have a boat.warmouth for bait always works for me....
    Bondman

4. Veets

Veets Member

State:
    Illinois
    Henry, glad to see you back safe and sound. I'm ready for another net throwing lesson if you're up to it. Maybe at Catstock in June. Really missed you this year. It was probably as hot at Carlyle as it was where you were though.:)

5. bondman

bondman New Member

State:
    Vandalia, IL
    VEETS any time my brother you need some help I hope to make it to catstock I wont be staying but I should at least make for one day. As to the heat you might be right my wife told me it was hot here last summer. The hottest it got in Iraq was 123 degrees it was unbearable because i was next to the euphrates river and couldn't fish...LIKE I WAS GOING TO SET OUT THERE ON THE BANK ACROSS FROM RAMADI. be setting duck for the insurgents. and they had plenty of trys believe me. looking forward to seeing you at catstock...
    Bondman

6. TEAM CATTER

TEAM CATTER New Member

State:
    COLUMBIA,IL
    :) Ilike to meet another b.o.c member .So when and where and I'll be there/

7. Boogie68MHS

Boogie68MHS New Member

State:
    Tovey, IL
    I used to fish Carlyle a lot, we stayed at Keysport, but we moved the camper to the Illinois river several years ago and have stayed there since.
    I have a friend who is still at Keysport, he went Friday but only caught small ones. I don't know what part of the lake he fished.