Carlyle lake

Discussion in 'ILLINOIS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by FLOAT TRIP WILLIE, Mar 12, 2009.

1. FLOAT TRIP WILLIE

FLOAT TRIP WILLIE Active Member

State:
    St. Louis
    I was thinking about hitting the spillway this saturday... Hows the fishing reports over there...

2. superbee

superbee New Member

State:
    Illinois
    went to spillway last weekend in the am fishing the banks caught over a dozen channel on cut shad i had leftover.

Friend was on boat dragging the bottom with jigs and caught a few nice flats

going to hit it up again this weekend going to use crawlers

3. BIGCAT GarryEads

BIGCAT GarryEads Head Cheese of the USCA!

State:
    Francisco Ind
    Matt,Welcome to the BOC.:wink:

BIGCAT GarryEads

4. bwhupp

bwhupp New Member

State:
    Belleville
    That's good to hear some fish are being caught. I only fished it once and did not even get a nibble.

5. FLOAT TRIP WILLIE

FLOAT TRIP WILLIE Active Member

State:
    St. Louis
    I always do pretty good when i go... Its just a nice 45min drive for me.. longer if i haul my boat.. But if you can fight off the gar its some nice blues, flats, and channels in that spillway.. If any of you guys fishing there this sat i might see ya there

6. Scaley Cat

Scaley Cat Member

State:
    Missouri
    Thanks for the post Willie, I plan on being there Saturday also. Anyone have any reports on the sauger and white bass?

7. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    Ralph, water was high, should be running good by Saturday, talked with a few fellas that went below had a few fish, we staid up on lake fished Haslett and got a limit and 8 nice crappie, was ROUGH fishing to say the least.... couldn't get out of Haslett for the wind, LOL. All were taken on 1/64th and 1/32th ounce jigs (different colors) But the eye's seem to be going after something red, that day anyway. Water was dirty and proceeded to MUDDY as day went along.

8. Scaley Cat

Scaley Cat Member

State:
    Missouri
    Thanks for the reply Randy, I figured the water was coming up over there also. Ends up the wife and I are heading over there today to check out some winery. She needs a designated driver. I'm gonna check the lake out when we get there.

9. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    Hmmmm, that sounds like part of a very evil plan :wink:

AND I LIKE IT!!! :smile2: There is one just down the road from me, man, maybe 10 miles, and I could not even tell you the name of it, LMAO! guess I don't drink much wine....... Does it help the fishing? or just the "kitchen passes"?

10. Stujoe

Stujoe New Member

State:
    Belleville, IL
    Me again with another 'Where the heck to fish there' question.

I have only fished Carlyle once around the spillway. Is there decent cat fishing on the down side of the spillway? This time of year? From the bank? How far down the spillway?

I am moving to Marion, IL in the next couple of months but, until then, it looks like I am going to be on vacation time with little to do except fish and whatnot. I know...that would be terrible. Ha!

11. Scaley Cat

Scaley Cat Member

State:
    Missouri
    :smile2:Just the kitchen passes, I don't drink wine. LMAO

12. catfisherman369

catfisherman369 Floyd

State:
    Nashville Il.
    Welcome to the b.o.c.

13. catfisherman369

catfisherman369 Floyd

State:
    Nashville Il.
    If you go east on main street in carlyle right before you cross the river turn right . there is a boat ramp down there . you can walk about 50 yards east of the ramp and there is a sweet spot that flattens out down there . Lots of nice cats in those logs directly acroos from that spot .

14. Stujoe

Stujoe New Member

State:
    Belleville, IL
  15. BlueGhost

BlueGhost New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I live close to Caryle Lake but have never really fished it much. I was wonder if you guys could give me some ideas of good spots for fishing Cats from the bank?

16. BlueGhost

BlueGhost New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I don't know how to edit my above post. I meant Carlyle Lake.

17. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    Welcome to the BOC.... What side of the lake do you live on 1st off?

18. BlueGhost

BlueGhost New Member

State:
    Illinois
    North side of the lake. Patoka boat ramp isn't far away but I fish from the bank.

19. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    Well from that side bank I would suggest Boulder area just south of the ramp itself, were the steps go down (?) that little rock point sets just on the edge of the small creek channel there, also down the bank south to the point of the 1st cove you should have no problem casting into the old creek channel there either...... both are good spots for cat, and the white bass all along there around mid may..... spent may hours with the cat rods on bottom while passing time catching white bass there.......

20. BlueGhost

BlueGhost New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Thanks I appericate it!