Carlyle Lake Spillway

Discussion in 'ILLINOIS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by Scaley Cat, Dec 26, 2008.

1. Scaley Cat

Scaley Cat Member

State:
    Missouri
    Does anyone know the condition of the spillway at Carlyle? I plan on going there Sunday or Monday. Any current fishing reports would be helpful also. Thank you.

2. Gringoloco

Gringoloco Member

State:
    Ft. Belvoir, VA
    Name:
    Josh
    So did you make it out there, if so how did you do?

3. Shad gut

Shad gut New Member

State:
    illinois
    Scaley cat not much going on in the spillway. But if you have a boat? Well the sauger are biting very well in the lake. Hit the flats.

4. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    Slow cranks, tipped jigs still?

5. Shad gut

Shad gut New Member

State:
    illinois
    Scaley Cat went to carlyle lake today caught 12 nice sauger 2.5 lbs each 1 channel 3lbs. Would like to know how to post PIC NEW TO SIGHT NOT GOOD WITH INTERNET LOL. ANY HELP APPERCIATED. THANKS.

6. Scaley Cat

Scaley Cat Member

State:
    Missouri
    sorry so long to reply back, this stupid computer crashed. All fixed now. I didnt make it over there, I hope to fish tomorrow. My friend and I were planning to fish the Mississippi river or the Kasakaskia tomorrow but hearing that the sauger bite is on at Carlyle, Im gonna see if I can change his mind.

7. Scaley Cat

Scaley Cat Member

State:
    Missouri
    Hey shad guts thanks for the great report. I cant remember how I posted my pics. It trial and error everytime, but i manage to figure it out. Someone on here will help you Im sure.

8. Shad gut

Shad gut New Member

State:
    illinois
    Scaley catThanks For pm. still trying to upload pic:roll_eyes:. Thaks for all the help.

9. Shad gut

Shad gut New Member

State:
    illinois
    Scaley Cat the dam is open running full. tha lake is filling fast and is very dirt know. Brown water.Be some time till it cleans up for the sauger and craippie again Thanks again got your pm. will try.

10. Scaley Cat

Scaley Cat Member

State:
    Missouri
    Anytime Shad Gut. I tried to talk my buddy into driving over there but he had a family function that evening so we banked fish the Mississippi with no luck. Hopefully I can get over there next weekend, maybe it will clear up some by then.

11. FREESPOOL

FREESPOOL New Member

State:
    Edwardsville, Illinois

First off, welcome to the BOC!!!
    With the pictures.... when you post a reply, you'll see a tab down below that says, "manage attachments".
    Click that, then choose browse, find your picture, and then click upload.

12. Shad gut

Shad gut New Member

State:
    illinois
    Thanks Freespool will try to post pics. Edwardsville is about 20 miles from me. You fish the mississippi much?

13. bluecatnut

bluecatnut New Member

State:
    freeburg illinois
    hey gut where u from

14. Shad gut

Shad gut New Member

State:
    illinois
    Keyesport IL

15. katcatchingfool

katcatchingfool New Member

State:
    illinois
    Rick, did you take advantage of the blue cats below Carlyle Dam last year? I had a few good night.

16. Shad gut

Shad gut New Member

State:
    illinois
    Jason Yes it was great. But it never last long enuf LOL. I was using gill that we caught out of the spillway. No real big ones 18to 25.The flats where good in june

17. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    Rick, any Idea how muddy the lake is after the last rain? I'm guessing it is pretty dirty right now, been couple weeks since last trip (10-12 days) the eyes were hitting fairly well but I am sure the High water has dirtied the lake pretty well and shut them down?

18. Shad gut

Shad gut New Member

State:
    illinois
    fishnfwl its real dirty the river was still out up north sunday. So it will be quit some time.

19. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    Yep, thats what I figured, went with a buddy today to the cabin on the Kasky South of Ramsey, needless to say we didn't quite make it after the pavement stops :smile2: about the time it does clear enough for them eye's to start back I'm sure it will be to icy there......:roll_eyes: Ah well, just have to go put a few striper fillets in the vacuum bags at Coffeen.....:wink:

20. Scaley Cat

Scaley Cat Member

State:
    Missouri
    Hey Fishnfwl, have you ever fished the Kaskaskia lock and dam below Ellis Grove for eyes? Im headed there tomorrow, first time after eyes in that neck of the woods. I could uses all the help I can get.