Carlyle Lake Spillway

Discussion in 'ILLINOIS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by Scaley Cat, Feb 15, 2008.

1. Scaley Cat

Scaley Cat Member

State:
    Missouri
    Has anyone been to the spillway recently? I plan on going tomorrow and would like a recent report. Thanks

2. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    Se should be running fast and full.

Latest Data
    02/15/2008 17:00 Central
    Latest Stage19.59 Ft.

This is the last hours gauge reading, looks as if it maybe on the drop, as from 3 hours ago it has went down .9 feet, still should be running better than 1/2 bank and swift current? Let me know tomorrow what it was like and the time if you will, would like to check actual eyes on with what the gauges are reading? Good Luck, going for some eyes? they should be starting a pretty good bite soon!

3. mississippi man

mississippi man New Member

State:
    Godfrey, Illino
    does anyone know the lake and the spillway is froze over right now I would like to go out there but it is a long trip not to be able to get in the water.

4. big-muddy

big-muddy New Member

State:
    norfolk, va
    i would have to say considering the weather, the ramps are probably iced. i know the roads are and thats with the salt trucks.
    its supposed to be 50 and sunny sunday the 2nd. i would rather take my chances with that.

5. bwhupp

bwhupp New Member

State:
    Belleville
    I am going to agree with SHane on this one... it has to be a mess out there. Last weekend Carlyle was still pretty iced up on the water.. with those two or three low fronts that dumped al that ice, I am sure it is even more treacherous.

6. mississippi man

State:
    Godfrey, Illino
    THANKS GUYS YOU ARE GONNA SAVE ME A PRETTY LONG TRIP, I JUST GOT A NEW BOAT AND EVERY DAY I'M OFF THE WATER HAS BEEN ICED OVER EVERYWHERE! DO YOU THINK WINTER WILL EVER END, WE SHOULDN'T SEE ANY MOSQUITOS THIS YEAR LOL!

7. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    Well if you don't have a big motor or don't mind trolling motor, you always have the power plant lakes. Coffeen in limited to 25 hp, and Baldwin is 50hp, just a thought.:wink:

8. mississippi man

State:
    Godfrey, Illino
    I always wanted something bigger it is a 150

9. nitronostrils

nitronostrils New Member

State:
    IL
    Went to Carlyle yesterday all the gates were open but releasing slowly, the water level was about 5ft below the treeline if you been there you know it's high. On the west side the water covered the sidewalk just south of the last porti-potty.The current wasn't all that bad 2oz was holding down pretty good, caught acouple using shad guts, punch bait.

10. divulsionbob

divulsionbob New Member

State:
    illinois
    i know shad guts now. but punch bait. ill have to try.