Carlyle Lake (spillway)

Discussion in 'Gateway Catfishing Club' started by mjdinstl314, May 8, 2009.

1. mjdinstl314

mjdinstl314 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I am heading out for Carlyle Lake early in the morning. We are just fishing the spillway, I am not taking the boat. Anyone got any pointers for catching flathead or blue cat? I caught a nice blue last Saturday night right around the middle in between the dam and the bridge (right across from the light post). I caught him with a goldfish. I returned to the same spot Wed night and didn't have much luck. We are taking a couple of 11-12 year old boys with us this time, so I would like to see them catch a decent fish. Thank you in advance!!

Michael

2. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    They and the white Bass have been hitting pretty good past couple days, personally I would bank fish closer to the swing bridge myself, nice shelf and drop off there..... Good Luck, had just short of 3"s of rain this am up north of the lake so she should be running good!

3. mjdinstl314

mjdinstl314 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Didn't do to well. I guess everyone was fishing for Sauger. All the boaters kept snagging our lines. It was pretty disappointing for the kids. One of the locals told us about a good spot on the lake itself. We tried that out for a while and caught a few white bass, the catfish were not biting.

4. poopdeck [patrick]

poopdeck [patrick] New Member

State:
    ofallon il
    I fished the dam 4 or 5 times a week for three years> I fished there so much that my woman thought I was seeing another woman. I would come home smelling like fish and she swore It was the new girlfriends smell.:smile2: Anyway the trick to fishing the dam is being the first one there, throw a slip bobber up on the wall and let the current take it up there. You will be sure to catch um. I never failed. use live blue gil shad ect , it really does not matter.

5. DWB

DWB Member

State:
    Missouri
    sounds like my kind of girl...we should go chase them sometime!

6. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent

Chasem heck,I heard, all ya need there is a few packs of RED MAN and they will be chasing you! :smile2: :smile2: :smile2: Also heard a cob of fresh sweet corn works well for trolling, better use some 100# power pro I recon..... just toss it across the dance floor and slowly jig it back :smile2::smile2: OH the fish ya mean? :wink: :smile2::smile2::smile2: