Carlyle Lake/Spill way?

Discussion in 'ILLINOIS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by fishnfwl, Jun 2, 2008.

1. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    Any one there this week/weekend, what is th water level below? or above, still pretty muddy?
    Thanks

2. Dan the Fisherman

Dan the Fisherman New Member

State:
    Ramsey, Illinois
    Paul, Charley and I tried it out this weekend. We did not tear up that is for sure. We got slapped by a storm which seemed to shutdown the bite. The water is muddy and the water level is 3 quarters to full bank below the swinging bridge. The current is ripping a long. I have not fished the river much so my experience is limited. I saw that Cox Bridge ramp is still flooded so I feel safe in saying the level and flow is going to hold for awhile.

3. bwhupp

bwhupp New Member

State:
    Belleville
    This fishing season just plain sucks :angry:

4. alands94

alands94 Active Member

State:
    Lebanon, I
    Hopefully we'll have a great summer to make up for the crappy spring.

5. big-muddy

big-muddy New Member

State:
    norfolk, va
    2 personal bests and look at the attitude!!!:smile2::smile2::smile2:

6. catinaldatime

catinaldatime New Member

State:
    Girard, IL
    well the water is up but we ended up with 3 nice fish,im on the jug thing in tha river now,cant say that about rod and reel my comfort zone with rod and reel is in a lake,but the jug fishing is the bomb.if that storm would not have hit paul,dan,and i would have had jugs out all night,darn weather.

7. bwhupp

bwhupp New Member

State:
    Belleville
    HUsh you Shane! LOL! Those came from Baldwin... that place doesn't count. It is too good of a fishery. ROFL.

Carlyle though... I can't catch a thing. Aaron and I fished the spillway and roasted in the wet heat and didn't catch a thing. Only thing I caught were a couple of white bass that were smaller than most bluegills I catch. LOL. Was bad day at the spillway.

8. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    C`mon now just because you get 3 Channel on jugs or lines and nothing on rod and reel, doesn't mean your never fishing rod/reel on the river does it :eek:oooh::wink:

9. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    Where ya fishing at tomorrow BW? Think a few of the old timers and I are gonna set under the umbrellas on Carlyle North for a cat or two..... Then again I may just go BASS fishing too..... :smile2:

10. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    By the way B.W in case you were wondering how much water is in Carlyle, this is as of tonight, I would say she is close to FULL :eek:oooh:

[​IMG]

11. catinaldatime

catinaldatime New Member

State:
    Girard, IL
    na i will rod and reel the river,but if we got juggs then i would like to focus on the juggs,and not messing with snags.cuz im new to tha river thing.so i dont really know how to fight the current yet with rod and reels.i guess once i learned it,might not be so bad.im used to fishing the current in coffeen,and it aint got nothing on river current.so yes i will rod and reel tha river,i just have to get use to it,like everything else i guess.maybe when the water goes down a little bit i can learn then.

12. bwhupp

bwhupp New Member

State:
    Belleville
    my lord.... i do not think i will get a chance to fish this weekend either. Will be at Rend though really soon where I will fish until my hearts content.