Carlyle dam

Discussion in 'Gateway Catfishing Club' started by FLOAT TRIP WILLIE, Jun 13, 2008.

1. FLOAT TRIP WILLIE

FLOAT TRIP WILLIE Active Member

State:
    St. Louis
    Do anyone know what the water level is at Carlyle?

My trip got canceled. The boys want to go fishing, but all the spots are under water right now.

I want to get them out somewhere. Alot of guys are talking about mark twain. but thats a nice haul for me. I can go to Carlyle and back before I reach mark twain. but if the waters high there.....................I dont know where to go.

2. katcatchingfool

katcatchingfool New Member

State:
    illinois
    Willie the report i got was "Its Wet over there right now"!!:smile2::smile2::smile2:

3. Gringoloco

Gringoloco Member

State:
    Ft. Belvoir, VA
    Name:
    Josh
    Willie, the water levels on the Kaskaskia river are not up that much compared to normal levels so it will be a good spot to fish on right now. Make sure to pick up some no snag spoon style sinkers though, because there are a lot of rocks in the spillway area to snag on. If you are heading out that way you should try just below the area under the bridge that is right downstream from the dam location.

4. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    Willie, if your just looking to add some eaters to the grease, I would suggest taking the boys to one of the spots on the lake it self, nice eating channels (been getting 1 to 9#) are hitting on just about everything from dip bait to crawlers, right off of any of the numerous rip/rap areas. and you can usually get some descent shad off of any of the ramps. Have been doing real good on the north end around keysport . (which is very easy to get to from I-70)

5. Malichi1970

Malichi1970 New Member

State:
    Fenton, Missouri
    So what your saying Randy is that next Sunday we're heading to Carlyle to stock up the freezer?

6. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    NEXT SUNDAY,??? the 15th or 22nd? Maybe, just Maybe, Yep Maybe :smile2: I need to finish my sun shade like rat and bob have built, done with the sun in the summer..... Been thinking about tomorrow afternoon again actually supposed to be nice light wind 5 mph sunny 85 low of 65 and calm.... yep yep yep

HARRY if I don't here something on the moving tomorrow I AIN'T showing UP!

7. FREESPOOL

FREESPOOL New Member

State:
    Edwardsville, Illinois
    I think he's boxed up his computer for the move!

8. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    :eek:oooh: Hmmmmmmmmm.

9. BajaCoop

BajaCoop Well-Known Member

State:
    Poplar Bluff,MO
    kinda what i was thinking

10. Skunk Master

Skunk Master New Member

State:
    Colinsville, Il
    Hey guys, I am officially moved, not unpacked yet but moved.. Hey Randy, Ann told me to go fishing tommorrow and get out of her hair so she could get something done.. You ready for some eaters..

11. katcatchingfool

katcatchingfool New Member

State:
    illinois
    Harold I was going to come over tomorrow, what happend to Sat?

12. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    Yea so was I!??? Guess he didn't want to BBQ for us J?

13. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    Well, I am not going early, that I know for sure, was thinking about a bit after noon and staying till darkthirty or so..........

14. Skunk Master

Skunk Master New Member

State:
    Colinsville, Il
    Works for me.. The boys were extra nice and moved everything Thursday and today.. I took off work today so I could watch them.. hehehe Hey I'm up for a bar b que anytime.. But I gotta buy a new grill first.. Mine didn't survive the move.. It was the only casualty..

15. Skunk Master

Skunk Master New Member

State:
    Colinsville, Il
    Randy, we going to Keyesport or Coffeen.. And who else is ready to do some good old fashion fishing... The more boats the merrier.. Just don't catch my fish..

16. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    Geee wander what your buying at a later date :smile2: Give me a call around 10:30 tomorrow, I'll let ya know if I can go or not, :wink: What you thinking on Harry? I'm thinking Coffeen maybe, see if any of the flaties are where they should be, and not have a 50 mph wind working against us...... Don't matter I guess, if any others want to try Carlyle for some BS fishing? If not then I am probably going to go Coffeen in the early afternoon until darkish......May even bring the dog so ya better watch yer self H

17. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    Then again with all the high river water maybe we need to all pack up and crash DanO and the island :smile2::smile2:

18. Skunk Master

Skunk Master New Member

State:
    Colinsville, Il
    Works for me.. It's the same distance both ways for me.. Do you think we might get a Crappie of two too.. It's all your fault, you got me started on Crappie.. Now I can't eat enough of them..

19. Skunk Master

Skunk Master New Member

State:
    Colinsville, Il
    Hey I betcha I could find Dan's place real easy.. We used to have a lot about the same area there in the 70's.. I know where the cats used to hide there.. I wonder if they have any Crappie and white bass... hehehe

20. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    Yea I don't think it to hard to find the place, Crappie, could be, never know, couple descent days were getting may turn them on..... any way check your email, all I do know is morning is out for me I have to take one of the pups to the doc in the morning, should be back by 11 at the latest with her, then an hour to get her settled down for the day and stuff,