Carlyle Catfish bite?

Discussion in 'ILLINOIS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by eflow, May 8, 2009.

1. eflow

eflow New Member

State:
    IL.
    Was just wonding if anyone has heard if the kittys are biting on the lake?

2. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    Not gonna tell ya :smile2: :smile2: Yes Justin, the north has been pretty hot for freezer meat anyway.... and as I type this I think it has already rained 2 inches and still pouring so hard I can not see the shed out back 20 yards :eek:oooh: Buddy and I have plans to go in the morning, but I ain't real sure now that by then the Kasky will be all over the place!!!!!!!! AGAIN!!!!! This Spring time flooding for the past 2 years is starting to get OLD! :angry:

But yes they have been getting quantity from tracks to Speaker and up river... I am going to bet that Cox is under water by morning, Oh well maybe I can catch some crappie fishing around your trailer :smile2:

3. catfisherman369

catfisherman369 Floyd

State:
    Nashville Il.
    Not sure about the lake , but was at the spillway yesterday getting some shad and they was catching cats left and right . The strippers were being caught even quicker . Man its loaded with shad .

4. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    Oh shame, shame, throwing a cast net below the spill way... LMAO!

5. slikk03

slikk03 New Member

State:
    illinois
    they say fish away from the face of the dam, we go down river

6. catfisherman369

catfisherman369 Floyd

State:
    Nashville Il.
    No cast net . We went to henkels and bought some little georges and changed the treble to a little bigger one . Cast over the shad and reel . We filled a 5 gallon bucket in an hour . They are thick . Amazingly I didnt see many asain carp . The shad are so thick down there they need to turn a few guys loose with some cast nets . I saw a few guys using cages and the shad would damn near fill up in them .