carlyle bank fishing

Discussion in 'ILLINOIS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by Bad_fisherman21, Jul 11, 2008.

1. Bad_fisherman21

Bad_fisherman21 New Member

State:
    illinois
    Im prolly hitting carlyle this weekend for an all night fishing trip.I was wondering if there are any good cats in the pillway or if i should go to the main lake and also what are some productive baits

2. FLOAT TRIP WILLIE

FLOAT TRIP WILLIE Active Member

State:
    St. Louis
    A bunch of guys are fishing a tourney tomorrow at carlyle lake/spillway.
    Im not fishing the tourney however Im thinking about taking the family there for a picnic so they think.......LOL
    I plan on doing some fishing from the spillway. Theres some nice cats there. You just have to get through all the gar pecking at your bait:angry:
    Shad is my bait of choice. The gut pocket works well, along with the head. Some of the locals say that live leeches work good also. They say its gonna rain but I dont know how much. I got to dig the canopy out of the shed just in case. Good luck out there. If you see a white explorer with a GATEWAY CATS sticker on the back stop by and say hi

3. Bad_fisherman21

Bad_fisherman21 New Member

State:
    illinois
    yea i will man.hope you and your family get something good best of luck

4. Gringoloco

Gringoloco Member

State:
    Ft. Belvoir, VA
    Name:
    Josh
    Not much is hitting good in the spillway right now, really slow bites. Nice size eaters are hitting in a blue moon on shad right now, but like I said it is really slow. Expect to be out there for 7-8 hours to be able to catch anything decent.