Carlyle and Forbes Lake Trip

Discussion in 'ILLINOIS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by bwhupp, Aug 16, 2007.

1. bwhupp

bwhupp New Member

State:
    Belleville
    Paul Furry (deerhunter4) and I went on out to Carlyle on Wed morning and hit Forbes Lake at night through the morning. Let me tell you about a great guy... Paul is one outstanding man and a family to boot that is priceless. They took me in (a complete stranger) and made me feel welcomed to their home. The wife and kids prepared an awesome dinner to welcome me to Paul's house from our morning fish at Carlyle.

I got so much information and learned so much, I cannot even start to tell you. He is one knowledgable man and as kind as he is fun to be around! Thanks Paul for an awesome trip!

Here's some pictures of the Carlyle catch

2. bwhupp

bwhupp New Member

State:
    Belleville
    Here's some of the forbe's night fish

3. bwhupp

bwhupp New Member

State:
    Belleville
    Some more pictures

4. alands94

alands94 Active Member

State:
    Lebanon, I
    Thanks for posting the pics. Looks like you guys had a great time. I certainly enjoyed fishing with both of you in the past and hope to again in the near future.

5. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    Sounds like yawl had a great time, glad to hear and see yer pics......

One thing is for sure, they didn't cut any corners when they re-done Forbes, eh. Every time we use the fish cleaning station over there I am suprised that it has been destroyed by well ya'll know....... BW, you'll have to get over one of these days this fall or cooler weather and run some bank-poles with Paul and I, :wink:

6. bwhupp

bwhupp New Member

State:
    Belleville
    Paul was telling me about you and him looking at bank poles. I am up for anything and learning experiences. Never done it and never fished a river before.

Aaron: Ready for school? I'm not! I am thinking sick days in September and October when the weather is cooler for.... ummm... "being sick" (on the lake).

7. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent

8. deerhunter4

deerhunter4 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    It has been a real fun time here at the BOC meeting all the great folks...I am glad I found this place...If I never gain another thing here...Just meeting the folks I have met has been well worth while...

I have found some great friends and good fisherman on this web forum...I would like to thank you for the kind words Brian...It really was no big deal buddy...Just how we are...
    :wink:
    I look forward to fishing with you all again anytime...

9. bwhupp

bwhupp New Member

State:
    Belleville
    I been making me some jugs now. I have 10 done and some more bottles waiting to be drank. LOL. Come on jug fishing bring me eaters. :smile2:

10. deerhunter4

deerhunter4 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Brian,
    that sounds good bud...You let me know when you catch some wanna hear all about it...I will work on the Light formula today...Not a big deal bud on the light thing it will last ya all night long...Those batteries can handle it...you seen my one single battery work all night the other night with it and still many hours left before we would have ran it down...Tell dad not to worry those two batteries would take ya for a couple days with that light...Heck we even ran that big spot light and my running lights and started the boat I don't know how many times...I will try to get the math formula for you today so he feels better about it...