carlyle 6/20-21

Discussion in 'ILLINOIS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by mississippi man, Jun 18, 2008.

1. mississippi man

mississippi man New Member

State:
    Godfrey, Illino
    I am going to jug fish carlyle this weekend. I am gonna show my brother in laws how to do it. I was curious on how the lake is right now, and what boat ramps are open, and what areas are accessible. I have heard there is good fishing by the trestle but I have not been to that part of the lake before, is there anything that might surprise me. Anyone doing any good at carlyle right now? All info. is very appreciated, thanks!

2. Duckpoor

Duckpoor New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Late May till Mid June the channels are on the Rip Rap , I don't know if it is the Spawn or reacting to the Bait circle.. I suspect with the cool Spring they might be just alittle late and are there waiting for ya. LOL

We have just knocked their lights out with Leeches under a slip bobber and your jugs would work just the same.

Running Jugs is wind dependent and the area in front of the tressels From Bolder, North to Keesport all have Flats ,barrow pits and concrete.. Combine that with a little current under the bridges and generall your going to find some.

Most consistent areas for us are between the Old "Big" Island (not so big any more) and the 2nd and 3rd tressel from Boulder. (South)
    River channel , sand flats and Humps all within a 1/4 mile.

Good Luck and Get after them.

3. dgde4x4man

dgde4x4man New Member

State:
    La Moille, Illinois
    I just know about the forrest north of the railroad tracks. I think Whistler and Bob still have a prop out there somewhere. Becareful and have fun.

4. illinois_angler

illinois_angler Member

State:
    IL
    Not much of a forest above the tracks even with normal pool. Right now with the lake at 451.14 there is nothing to worry about as far as stumps go. Above the tracks in the flooded fields would be your best bet.

5. mississippi man

mississippi man New Member

State:
    Godfrey, Illino
    Thanks for all the replies they will be useful. I am taking some guys out that have never seen it done before, hopefully they see a great result.

6. Slick Skin

Slick Skin New Member

State:
    Charleston ILL.
    Shelbyville is 16 feet above normal.. all the beach's are closed..i had just found the catfish ..and they closed the boat ramp due to high water...got one that weighed 21 and another that weighed 18..and a dozen smaller one's...they are there and I can't get at them.........they are going to start releasing water monday....