Carlyle 5/25

Discussion in 'ILLINOIS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by alands94, May 25, 2008.

1. alands94

alands94 Active Member

State:
    Lebanon, I
    Does anyone have an update on the condition of Carlyle Lake? I haven't heard much in the past couple of weeks. Are many of the boat ramps still under water?

Thanks in advance!

2. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    We have been putting in at Horseshoe Aaron, but they were using the ramps at Allen Branch as of last Thursday and Friday. Water has been 60-65* and muddy in the main, there is a little clearer water in some of the southern deeper branches, we stopped crappie fishing both days ofter the 1st hour could not keep the channel off the jigs, and minnows.
    Lake is HIGH and I imagine real high after last nights frog choker.

3. bwhupp

bwhupp New Member

State:
    Belleville
    THink jug fishing any good?

4. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    Well BW, All I can tell ya is this, Talked with 3 buddies that are running lines up in the north, (water is about 4' over stumps for most some more) any way, they were cleaning as many as they wanted to clean every morning and evening. So I would say that you should be able to catch the chit out of the eater right now, we had 13 in about 2 hours thursday morning, using shad and crawdads, they are running between 2 and 10 pounds, with some nicer ones here and there, but for putting some eating meat away right now is the time to be doing it, also we caught some friday in Allen, and over on horseshoe lake are, but they seem to be hitting all over the lake right now, just not out in the deeper water, I would run a jug line up in the flooded shallow areas back in a cove somewhere, that is where they are feeding like crazy. First 3 I caught on Thursday were Crappie fishing with 1/32 ounce jigs, with no minnow, didn't feel like ruining the new 4# xl I just spooled with so we switched over, the shad are a bit tricky (or was) they are all over but they are hold close to the bottom so let it sink, 4 tosses and we had enough for a few days worth I'd guess, over 1/2 a 30 quart cooler.