Careful Out There!

Discussion in 'Boat Safety' started by catfish kenny, Apr 2, 2008.

1. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    We we had a accident in our area and it can happen to any of us-Two commercial boyz got swamped ,too much weight in the boat(FISH) and down she went......Big write up in the paper!
    Coming off winter and all the debree floating in the water plus she is ripping right now ...gotta use yer head out there and be safe.I know anyone who has any sence knows what I am talking bout!
    The conditions will get better coming up but always BE CAREFUL and PAY ATTENTION! I dont know bout you all but I sure dont wanna be a statistic!

2. mariofish

mariofish New Member

State:
    wv
    thanks for that tip:big_smile:

3. Orlando

Orlando New Member

State:
    kansas
    My old boss the quote meister always said

"discretion being the better part of valor" applies

4. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    Kenny, ur already a statistic!!! just 1 of many members here on the boc....who told u how to spell that anyway?????:eek:oooh: j/k bro be careful out there.....

5. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    Brother willcat, you beat me to it!:roll_eyes::smile2: I truly did not know he could spell those $25 words.

6. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Stay safe guys, we have alot of boat accidents around here

7. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Stay safe guys, we have alot of boat accidents around here

8. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Stay safe!!! I know the Ohio river here is dangerous right now!

9. 45CATFISH

45CATFISH New Member

State:
    HENDERSON,LOUISIANA
    WITH ALL THE RIVERS SWOLLEN AND DEBRIS FLOATING AROUND.IF THERE WAS EVER A TIME TO WEAR A LIFE VEST NOW IS THE TIME.

10. PeeDee Cat

PeeDee Cat Member

State:
    SC
    I agree that when to rivers have real high water TKINK BEFORE U GO. AND IF U GO BE VERY,VERY CAUTIOUS. I always have a float coat on in the winter and fall and a pfd any other time. Around here I see a lot of people not using either. It only takes one time and then it is too late. I have several friends that are mud sheriffs here in SC and it is not a law that U have to have a pfd on when a boat is moving but if they stop U they will talk some more kind of trash to U about not having one on. They are not doing U any good laying in the bottom of a boat or in the new bag they came in. Just let me say a good friend of mine drowned by not having a pfd on. I hope one day it will be a law that U have to have one in a boat at all times here in SC. In my younger days I have done alot of stupid things in a boat on the water GOD was doing for me what I could not see fit to do for myself over the years I have wised up. I guess it comes with maturity and age.
    PEEDEE CAT

11. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Wear your life jacket it floats and you dont:wink:

12. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Right now I don't think you'll catch me out on the river.good ole lake fishin or bank fishin will do just fine.Don't have but one life to give and I'm not ready to give it up for a fish. Thanks for the warning Ken.You be careful if you go out there on that water.

13. StuBone278

StuBone278 New Member

State:
    south central Louisiana
    I agree with 45catfish, recently I know two guys were thrown out of their boat when they hit a log in a swollen river. The older man had his lifejacket on and happened to be picked up by a fisherman 20 minutes later. He had told his nephew to wear his life jacket but he said he didnt need it. They were still looking for his nephew a week or so ago, not sure if they found him but he's probably dead.:embarassed:

14. Gordhawk

Gordhawk New Member

State:
    Iowa
    QUOTE=catfish kenny;1005119]Wear your life jacket it floats and you dont:wink:[/QUOTE]
    :0a21: Are saying if I wear a life jacket that it will float and I will sink?:confused2:LMAO

15. john103

john103 New Member

State:
    illinois
    I also agree. Even the best fisherman can be had by the swollen river.
    I will also hang in the Lakes for now but if anyone goes to the river,Be careful......

16. big-muddy

big-muddy New Member

State:
    norfolk, va
    i was running today next to the miss and it was ragin! a huge log came down and busted against a barge that was parked. man if that woulda been my boat, it would have smashed it.

17. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    It is ugly out there thats fer sure!

18. pinetreelw

pinetreelw New Member

State:
    OK
    Keep those motor kill switches hooked up, they don,t work if there not attach to you. Lewis