Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I bought 108cop's calcutta 400 he had listed. Didn't think twice about since I bought 2 abus off him previously with no issue. This time didn't go so well. The money isn't enough to break me or anything but maybe someone else isn't as fortunate and I feel like I should at least give a warning.

On the 22nd of August I paid 108cop. On the 29th he refunded a quarter of the price because he wasn't able to get the the reel out. I wasn't too worried and understood his reasons why. Finally on the 16th of Sept I asked for a refund. I felt I had been patient enough with no communication for over 2 weeks.

That was the last I heard from. I never received the reel. Or shipping info to track down the package in case it was misdelivered.

I honestly don't know what happened here and this is first time I've had any problem with a private party sale online. I know he's visited the site daily since I asked for the refund and he hasn't replied or refunded the money.

I'm not trying to say don't buy from 108cop as I have zero idea the why in this. I just wanted to let people know my situation so they can make an informed choice.

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Every time I see something for sale online I chicken out, never been able to bring myself to trust someone online. It's a shame, hopefully he chimes in and clears it up.
This is the first issue I've had since I started buying stuff private party online in the late 2000's and I bought 2 abus from him a month or 2 prior that went smooth. He might have a perfectly reasonable reason in this...there's just hasn't been any communication for awhile.

At this point I made this thread as a heads up more than to get it resolved...had I not paid with friends and family on PayPal (which I usually do to save the seller money) I would've been able to use paypal's protections here.

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Honestly I still wouldn't think twice about f&f...pretty much everyone I've dealt with online has been a good experience both buying and selling...then again I never do ff on something where the price would be more than an inconvenience 😂

1 - 9 of 9 Posts