Care Packages for Troops Overseas

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by SSgt Fishslayer, Mar 11, 2008.

1. SSgt Fishslayer

SSgt Fishslayer New Member

State:
    south carolina
    If you are interested in sending a care package to troops overseas, please send me a pm. I have had a few questions about people sending money so that i could put together care packages for troops in Iraq and Afganistan right now and i will gladly do it. iff you would like to send a donation to help out, i do have paypal or i will take a check, as long as it isnt made of rubber. if you would like to use paypal, send me a PM and i will send you the info. Also if there is anything in particular or special that you would like included in the care packages, just let me know and i will be sure it is in there. Depending on the response i get, i would like to start sending them weekly. I know of plenty of troops in Iraq and Afghanistan that would like to receive care packages. This post is in refreence to the post that the LT put on here.

2. bankslot

bankslot New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    PM received. Donation made by PayPal for the LT and his men.

3. SSgt Fishslayer

State:
    south carolina
    got it bankslot. thanks for helping. anybody else want to join in?

4. SSgt Fishslayer

State:
    south carolina
  5. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    Joey,I have a donation on its way in the mail. Come on members, give a donation for our soldiers, I did.

6. Creteus

Creteus New Member

State:
    Loganville, GA
    I like what you are doing here. The troops need as much support as they can get. I'd love to help but we are tight on funds as my buisness is close to bankrupt. A good friend of mine was deployed 6 days before christmas and we send him packages with extra for whoever he wants to have it. Again thanks for what you are doing and if things turn around we'll send some money.

matt

7. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    Matt, I see that you are helping. My funds arent that great either but will help out anyways, Ill just go without a steak and eat baloney sandwiches for a few night, wont kill me, could stand to lose a few pounds anyways.

8. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Thanks again for all the support everyone is providing for my soldiers and me. When items start to come in I will make sure that they know where it is coming from! I'm guessing we will get a few new members once they see how the BOC family operates. Thanks again and God Bless

9. SSgt Fishslayer

State:
    south carolina
    Hey LT, i will get a package together this weekend and get it sent out. dont know how long it will take to get there, you know how the military is. if i remember correctly when i was in Afghanistan and i would get a package set out it took right around 4 days to get there. so maybe by mid next week you gus will start seeing them show up.

10. brother hilljack

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Thanks for all your hard work! I am not in a rush. I hope that everyone understands my motive is to help out the boys, not for personal gain. I appreciate everything you are doing and all the other BOC members.

11. alpal16

alpal16 New Member

State:
    Philly, PA
    Hey Joey---thanks a lot for heading up this effort. I just sent a little contribution via PayPal--let me know when you get it.

Thanks

12. SSgt Fishslayer

State:
    south carolina
    as soon as my wife gets it she will send you a confirmation. and there is no need to thank me. i just happen to be the one with available resources and figured i could take care of it. make it less of a hassle on others.

13. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    I've been sending care packages for a long time now. As requested, I send a lot of foot powder and dry Gatorade. I have hit our local grocery stores up to donate the Gatorade and I go to the Dollar Store and buy out all the foot powder they have in stock. I get the boxes from the post office where I can send as much as I can get in the box for one price. It works out a little cheaper that way.

14. anchorpuller

anchorpuller New Member

State:
    North Caro
    It's great to do the packages with the one price box for those that do. The two times I've sent stuff, it wouldn't fit in those boxes.

I appreciate the time and effort Joey and his wife are going to. I also have more confidence in them knowing what they might want over there better than I.

Whatever we do, I believe that showing our appreciation in whatever way we can is important.

15. FS Driver

FS Driver New Member

State:
    swansea,illinoi
    Joey ,
    paypal sent . thanks for helping us help them !!!!

16. SSgt Fishslayer

State:
    south carolina
    Well we went shoping today and picked up some good stuff for Brother Hilljacks Platoon. I will be sending it out tommorow. Thanks to everyone who has contributed thus far. We would like to do this once a week or so, possibly to various other forward deployed troops, so if anyone else would like to contribute please let us know. Here are a few pics of what we picked up today.

Attached Files:

17. SSgt Fishslayer

State:
    south carolina
    here are a few more pictures of the things we got today.

Attached Files:

18. SSgt Fishslayer

State:
    south carolina
    To all of of you that sent paypal contributions, we have received them and they were a big help. sorry we couldnt send you a conformation on paypal, we are computer stupid. we will try again and see if we can figure it out.

19. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    Those packages look great. The Troops are going to be happy. :big_smile:

20. brother hilljack

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Everything in the box looks fantastic. I printed the pics and showed it to the boys to let them know what the BOC is doing for us. Thank you very much for all the hard work and support.