Cardinals sign Matt Clement

Discussion in 'Baseball Talk' started by Gordhawk, Jan 3, 2008.

1. Gordhawk

Gordhawk New Member

State:
    Iowa
    The Cardinals really bolstered their pitching staff with the signing of Matt Clement! I know,I know,most of you are saying WHO? In case you hadn't heard yet, the Cardinals signed another pitcher with arm/shoulder problems today. I haven't heard how much we had to pay to get him,but I hope it wasn't much. I can't get excited over this signing at all. I mean,just what we need a pitcher that didn't throw a pitch in the Major Leagues in 2007! I'm getting sooooo tired of us getting these sore arm/shoulder pitchers and hoping they will have a big comeback. Comeback,what am I saying,if this guy has a good year it will be the first he's ever had,so it wouldn't be a comeback,it would be a breakout year! I don't know about you,but I'm not holding my breath that this is going to happen.

2. big-muddy

big-muddy New Member

State:
    norfolk, va
    we really shlacked him when he came to st. louis with the red sox. edmonds homered off the 2nd pitch of the game as i recall. lets all put in a prayer request for chris carpenter!

3. alands94

alands94 Active Member

State:
    Lebanon, I
    I'm not sure about this one, either. Hopefully he will have a great comeback this season. Remember, Chris Carpenter was signed by the Cards after having a history of arm trouble....

4. bearcat

bearcat Member

State:
    Nokomis, Illinois
    Hey Guys he helped the BO SOX beat you in 4 games in the world series. Why are you complaining. Besides he pitched for the cubs for 4 years, how bad can he be?

5. Gordhawk

Gordhawk New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I believe that you better check the record books on the 2004 World Series,because Matt Clement didn't pitch an inning during the series! So I guess,now that I think about it,he did help Boston beat the Cardinals because he never pitched against the Cardinals. As far as saying a pitcher is good,just because he pitched for the Cubbies,that's a pretty lame statement to make. Let's see,how long has it been since the Cubbies were in a World Series? That's right,toooooooo looonnngg for most Cubbie fans to remember!!!!!!!! Oh well,there's always next year.

6. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    Yep, didn't get real excited when I heard that the other day, just where are all the "farm" team pitchers that are never spoke of? I mean what are they there for, to get better and then swap for an experienced injury? I hope they get lucky, and altho I like to think Dunc is a great coach, He is no miracle worker like the local news leads to believe LOL. Never have understood some of the defence trades that have been made, but C'mon why is it so hard to get some fresh young arms and put a little stock and faith into them for a few seasons? Awful hard to get interested on someone that is headed out to pasture, then you have a few that are very good and end up gone. We'll see tho, always enjoy setting on a lake or river listening to the game on the radio while fishing........:wink:

7. big-muddy

big-muddy New Member

State:
    norfolk, va
    clement was a cub in '04.

8. Gordhawk

Gordhawk New Member

State:
    Iowa
    You're absolutely correct!:wink: