Cardinals on their way to the top!

Discussion in 'Baseball Talk' started by Cat Man Joe, Jun 4, 2007.

1. Cat Man Joe

Cat Man Joe New Member

State:
    Illinois
    After wayching the last few Cardinals games on TV, Id have to say they are getting it together. Pujols is locked in, Eickstein is ok after getting hit with a pitch, Encarnacion is healthy, Bennett is doing an awesome job filling in for Molina, and although Spezio is no Rolen he'll be ok. I'm telling you, they are going to hit a hot streak then you better watch out. The only thing they need to do is figure out how to get rid of Kip Wells!!!!:crazy: Let me hear it guys, does anyone agree or think I'm outta my mind?

2. catchinghogs

catchinghogs Well-Known Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    The division is still wide open dont think Milwaukee will keep it together.Kip Wells sucked for the Pirates also.

3. Cat Man Joe

Cat Man Joe New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Yes it is, Mark. And YES he does. As a huge redbird fan I hate to see his spot come up in the rotation. Glad to see someone agrees with me on that!

4. alands94

alands94 Active Member

State:
    Lebanon, I
    I agree with you guys, too. Bring someone up from the minors just to eat up some innings - has to be better than Kip Wells!

5. OklahomaFever

OklahomaFever New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    The Cardinals... are you kidding me... They will make a deep run into the playoffs for sure.... Just wait until Duncan finds his role for hitting... edmonds,puj..duncan...enc...thats unstoppable go cardinals :)

6. Cat Man Joe

Cat Man Joe New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Glad to see a Redbird fan from Oklahoma, Steven! I couldnt agree with you more. Thanks for the post.:big_smile:

7. Dmitri

Dmitri New Member

State:
    Illinois
    We've been hot! Hopefully the Cards can keep it up.

8. big-muddy

big-muddy New Member

State:
    norfolk, va
    the hitting is awesome but the pitching is crap. but hey- its tony larussa. what do you expect? the man cannot run a pitching staff.

9. Arkie55

Arkie55 New Member

State:
    Mississippi
    Yeph, the birds on the bat are moving up. I've been a fan for most of my life. Made my first trip to watch them play in 1967. I love watching them. Hopefully, we'll make it two in a row.

10. cook

cook New Member

State:
    Plattsburg,Mo.(near K.C.)
    Joe,put down the pipe and walk away slowly......
    They have lost the last 3 out of 4 games to my "Mighty"Royals!!:lol:Bwhaaahaaahaaa....at least I know my Royals suck and won't give me false hopes to the series!:tounge_out:

Gotta give ya some grief...don't have much to cheer about the last 10 years over here:crazy:
    If the deadbirds can keep off the DL ,they have an outside shot

11. Cat Man Joe

Cat Man Joe New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Yeah Jon, the Royals have been a pain in our butt!:angry: The dl is a small problem but the rotation is the real problem. Its hard to win consistantly with starters like we have. I think Tony thinks Dave Duncan can turn anyone into an ace pitcher and even though hes a decent pitching coach hes wasting time with Wells. They need to make a trade or two and pick up some established pichers. IMO

12. big-muddy

big-muddy New Member

State:
    norfolk, va
    how bought ludwick last night?

13. Cat Man Joe

Cat Man Joe New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Yeah that was a good game wasnt it Shane? Great way to end it!!

14. big-muddy

big-muddy New Member

State:
    norfolk, va
    another rookie game-winner 2 nights ago, but the rain won it last night. i hate it when they do that. we had 4 more innings! weve got the mets number. they FEAR yadiers return:big_smile: