Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was carded in Walmart today! For buying a $3 can of green spray paint! I know my boyish good looks are deceiving, but come on! For spray paint?! The cashier said she had to make sure I was over 18 so I wouldn't go hom e& sniff the stuff. Apparently, once you're over 18 years old you can't actually sniff spray paint?!?

· Registered
862 Posts
That's bad, but from the pic in your avatar you are not even grey yet.

I have some grey. I have for quite some time. I got carded for smokes when I was around your age. As if the grey wasn't a good enough clue. I did not feel honored by the actions either. It was kind of annoying. :smile1:

· Registered
188 Posts
I get carded at Walmart usually.
I try to roll with it but it sure gets old. Especially when I'm shopping with my teenagers.

"Can I see your ID, sir?"
"Are trying to get a big tip?"
"No, sir. Just have to check your birthday."
"09/09/1968."
"I have to see it. You don't look over 40."
"Do I look over 21?"

I had one tell me that you have to dig out your license if you don't look 40 because, "It's the LAW, sir!"

I went into Sav Rite and the kid asked for my ID. I was only a little irritated until he SCANNED MY LICENSE. Wait. Stop. Hold the boat. Manager and I had a little powwow about that one. I don't shop there at all any more.

· Registered
6,124 Posts
Wow!!! you're 38?!!!! you old fart- got one foot in grave don't cha buddy! lol
I never heard about the green paint sniffing fad... heh thats crazy!
My wife gets carded sometimes when she buys my cigars for me- she was recently carded buying a bottle of cough syrup- evidently if you chug down a whole bottle of it at once, you can communicate with aliens from another planet- or understand what that grunting channel cat is saying to ya- lol... it's like an LSD trip I guess.

· Registered
862 Posts
Yeah I don't like it when your older than the person that's carding you.
Yeah, and not just older, but usually old enough to be their father. And they know it!

When I was much younger I used to work at Big Bear(grocery chain). I was a cashier. Women used to come through with a bottle of wine, and it was obvious that they were in their 40's or 50's. I used to ask for their ID anyway. :) They loved it. One lady asked if she could take me home with her. :smile1:

· Registered
188 Posts
It never happens at locally owned places. Just corporate chains.
They hire employees that they don't trust to make the most basic decisions and dictate every aspect of their day to them.

I stopped at the Murphy Oil station and the guy carded me. My facial expression must have told him what I was really thinking. He said, "Look, I know you're old enough but the company has a policy that if you're under 40 you have to show ID. I got written up for not carding a 35 year old company spy so I don't take any chances. Sorry, man."

I told him he needed to get another job and he agreed.

· Registered
1,215 Posts
good lord sniffin spray paint!!!!!!! why in the world whould anybody sniff spray paint????????? i know what yall mean bout gettn carded. when i get beer at the grocery store its usually a 16yr old kid that wants my id and then asks why my license is green? i have a cdl and there green but he looks at me like hes gonna take my license cause its fake or somethin. after explaining the reason its green to him (3 diff. times now.) he gets on his little mic. and calls a manager cause hes to young to ring me up!!! for some reason it just chaps my butt.

· Registered
715 Posts
Its bad in Indiana with Excise Police. Had them shut a local bar down right when i was leaving...and i wanted to get out of there. Officer asked for my ID....and then asked if I had additional forms of Identification. I handed her 5. She still asked me to recite my date of birth and then proceeded to look up my DOB in a list that the University maintains. Fake ID Maybe, One form of fake credit or bank card or an expired one....maybe.....4-5 I don't think so. LOL. Coming from Ohio I think Excise is the biggest waste of tax dollars I have ever seen...never heard of such a thing until I was familiarized with Indiana Blue Laws lol.

· Banned
10,335 Posts
I was carded in Walmart today! For buying a $3 can of green spray paint! I know my boyish good looks are deceiving, but come on! For spray paint?! The cashier said she had to make sure I was over 18 so I wouldn't go hom e& sniff the stuff. Apparently, once you're over 18 years old you can't actually sniff spray paint?!?
Consider it a compliment! I'm 36 and I still get carded for cigarettes!

· Registered
3,443 Posts
I was once carded at a Bar I WORKED AT!!! We had a battle of the bands and they brought in some of their own guys and one of them thought i was lieing about being the bouncer!! LOL. Im turning 32 but could easily get away with 24..:disdain:

· Registered
3,471 Posts
ill have to remember to put some paint under my nose, next time i go buys some. lol

· Registered
188 Posts
When I turned legal drinking age of 18 years in 1971, I never got carded. Now I get carded every time I try to buy beer, but hardly ever get checked if I buy wine or hard liquor. :question:
Me neither.
The reason is that most buy beer at a grocery store. They are chain stores who toe the corporate line and treat everyone like a criminal. They dictate every action to their employees and allow no room for judgment.
I can only get wine or liquor at a liquor store (seems really weird after living in LA for 15 years where you can get everything at any store) and they are locally owned. They have the option of using their God-given common sense and realizing that there is no way in hell that old gray me is under 21.

· Registered
8 Posts
Here is a good one. A buddy (age 39) and I (age 41) stoped at the local Kork $ Keg for some adult refreshments. He had left his I.D. in his truck so I told him to watch this. When ask for my I.D. I showed the clerk my work badge with nothing more than my photo and name. The clerk glanced at the card and then me a coulpe of times and said OK. As we got back in the truck I snickerd and he just looked at me and said "what the f#$* why did he evan bother".

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.