Carburetor, 55hp, chrysler/ sea king

Discussion in 'Bubba's Outboards' started by barry, May 3, 2006.

1. barry

barry Member

State:
    WV.
    I messed up!!!!!while rebuilding the carburetor, tillotson WB5B, I broke the main nozzle inside the tower. I can not find one. What i can find is a used, WB7B, off a 72 chrysler 55hp, will it work?
    The motor is actually a Sea King 55hp, model VWB27955A
    Thanks Barry

2. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    Barry I wished I could give you a definite answer but I would be guessing If I did. Now what you can do if you have your hands on the part is look at hem side by side and compare or you can e-mail this man and ask him if it will because this whole family has acres of outboards they sell parts off of.

http://www.twincityoutboard.com/

3. barry

barry Member

State:
    WV.
    Bubbacat; I will post pics to compare when I get it. It was $28/ shipping. For that price I will make it work.
    Thanks again

4. barry

barry Member

State:
    WV.
    Bubbakat; I finally got the carburetor and had a chance to compare them. the only differences that I can find are.
    1. in the choke plate assembly the WB5B has a single plate while the WB7B has a 2 piece plate with a spring
    2.the size of the hole in the main jet. WB5B small hole. WB7B larger hole
    3.the needle valve seat was changed to some type of green material, not brass, maybe ceramic?
    The first picture is the WB5B and the second is the WB7B. I am rebuilding the WB7B so I had both apart for cleaning and could take a comparison pictures.
    I am thinking about using the single piece choke plate and the larger main jet.
    Any help and comments will be greatly appreciated!!!!!!!!

Attached Files:

5. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    Proceed as you are thinking there on the bigger high speed jet just keep and eye on the plugs for not burning all the fuel because I don't really know how big you can go on that engine.
    But it looks like you have a plan.

6. barry

barry Member

State:
    WV.
    Finally had the time to take the WB7B out of the carburetor cleaner and rebuild it. I ran across one more thing that was changed. On the choke I had to also change the shaft on the choke the hole patterns on the choke plate the 7B was slightly different used the one on the 5B.
    Put it on the motor and it started up right away and purrs like a kitten!
    thanks Barry

7. barry

barry Member

State:
    WV.
    Finally had the time to take the WB7B out of the carburetor cleaner and rebuild it. I ran across one more thing that was changed. On the choke I had to also change the shaft on the choke the hole patterns on the choke plate the 7B was slightly different used the one on the 5B.
    Put it on the motor and it started up right away and purrs like a kitten!
    thanks Barry
    Now on to the next problem/challange!!!!!!

8. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    Thats great to hear and thanks for the feed back.
    Don't you just love it when a plan comes together.