Carbondale bankfishing?

Discussion in 'ILLINOIS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by Hagemaster, Jul 21, 2009.

1. Hagemaster

Hagemaster New Member

State:
    OKC
    I am new to the great state of Illinois and was wondreing if I could get some leads on some top secret local holes I could hit from the banks. Oooor maybe some not so secret spots you could let me in on.

Thanks, Luke

2. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Luke Welcome to the BOC and Southern Illinois. From Carbondale your surrounded by lakes. You can travel west to Murphysboro and you will find Murphysboro Lake, Kindkaid Lake and the Big Muddy River. You can travel east and find Crab Orchard Lake. Travel South and you Have Cedar Lake, Little Grassy Lake, and Devil Kitchen lake. This should get you started. All lakes mentioned have bank fishing. Good Luck, get you a lake map of these areas.

3. chrispbrown27

chrispbrown27 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I would say Crab Orchard is your best bet.
    The rip rap along route 13 is a good spot to start. Between the old marina and the private club (the entrance to the private club is straight across the road from the road that runs to Cambria) there are "fish attractors" whatever that means. You can catch just about anything the lake holds along there. Also, try the spillway rip rap. used to catch a lot of channel cats in there, but beware there are a ton of bullheads and if you're using worms you can't keep em off of your line. Also, figure out where old route 13 cuts through the water. I was told back in the spring that there are flathead in Crab. I have been fishing Crab with my grandpa since i was old enough to walk and had never heard of anyone catching a flathead out of that lake.
    Go out to Cookseys on 148 north of route 13. Ron will treat ya right. If ya ask where people are catching fish he will tell ya where when and how. Besides if ya ask for a dozen minnows he'll give ya 5 dozen. Best bait shop in the state.
    Chris

4. USNTWEEK

USNTWEEK New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I dont fish that area,but welcome to the BOC

5. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Chris Welcome to the brotherhood. Thanks for your comment.:0a22::0a25: