Carb Question

Discussion in 'Bubba's Outboards' started by Storm27m, May 3, 2008.

1. Storm27m

Storm27m New Member

State:
    Wichita, Kansas
    As part of an ongoing engine problem, I decided to rebuild the carb in my 93 Evinrude 30hp motor (E30TELETA). Bobpaul, Bubba, and others, this is an addition to my "Lower Unit Leak" post.

The rebuild went fine, actually easier than I thought. I noticed during the disassembly, one part was called the intermediate air bleed orifice. The orifice was not in the location the manual listed for my carb (2cyl), but was there where the manual said it would be for the 3cyl carb. The two carbs are virtually identical in the manual parts breakdown. Could this be a reason for my troubles? Wrong carb? Or are the orifices interchangeable?

At any rate, I'm glad I decided to rebuild the carb. There wasn't much visible dried fuel, but there was some pretty large pieces of debris in the carb, especially under the plastic upper body cover. Enough to where I am going to clean all the fuel lines and check to see if I can take apart and clean the fuel pump too. Also, the needle valve seat was damaged, but not in an area that I would think would affect the running. It was damaged in the screwdriver slots where someones screwdriver slipped and messed up the slot.

Any info on whether I have the right carb or not? Thanks.

2. Storm27m

Storm27m New Member

State:
    Wichita, Kansas
    Well, I got everything back together and it seems as though the carb was my problem. I guess that either my manual was wrong in regards to the orifice or the carbs are interchangeable. Thanks.

Bobpaul, Bubba, and Don, my thank you to you is in the other post, but THANKS!

3. Bobpaul

Bobpaul New Member

State:
    Supply NC
    Your welcome!

Clymer manuals are a general information source. At times, the do not get specific. You've got the right carbs.