carb kit, loosing power

Discussion in 'Bubba's Outboards' started by STICKBENDER, Mar 7, 2008.

1. STICKBENDER

STICKBENDER New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Was wondering what would be a good price for carb kit for 90 hp mercury, serial number 1b038717 model # 1090412DD. Also looking at a schematic on line this shows a solenoid for the fuel pump , do all models have this or just some. I'm loosing power(motor dies) but if i squeeze bulb it takes off and runs. I've replaced all lines, bulb, tried differnt tank, rebuilt fuel pump. ??????

2. vlparrish

vlparrish New Member

State:
    Bedford, Kentucky
    Stickbender, rebuiling that carb might not be a bad idea. I have seen motors with the same symptoms have sticky needle valves and poorly adjusted floats do the same thing. Just make sure you are maintaining fuel pressure prior to the carb. It would be a shame to rebuild it if it doesn't need it. Vern

3. cathooked

cathooked New Member

State:
    north carolina
    might need to check the fuel line to the carbs had a problem like that myself,2 lines were cracked..

4. Old Bill

Old Bill New Member

State:
    Oklahoma City
    Same problem, but my fix was replacing the motor & gas tank hose tank fittings.

5. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    Mine was rust from the metal tank crapping up the fuel pump and carbs:big_smile:

6. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    Need to do a spark test and a compression test before doing all this also. I have seen bad plug wires and sparkplugs do this also. Low compression in a cylinder will do this also. Do a good decarb and see if this will help.

7. STICKBENDER

STICKBENDER New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Maybe a dumb question, but I found carb kits online for $32 is this each or should I order 3?

8. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    That is per carb so you will need 3