Carb Cover

Discussion in 'Bubba's Outboards' started by MRR, Jul 2, 2007.

1. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    :confused2:Can someone please tell me if a 71 Evinrude 60 hp cover over the 3 carbs is suppose to have a filter or screen in it. I've been told both ways YES and NO
    It has the 3 rubber grommets to cover the adj.holes so I didn't know if it need a filter or screen.Right now mine doesn't have one.Thanks in advance.

2. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    Nope John it doesn't need one. If you don't have the little rubber stoppers then run the hound out of it and don't worry your self over notin.:wink:

3. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Thank you sir.I really wasn't worring a lot about it ,just trying to curb an aruguement betwwen two neighbors. One on each side of me and me in the middle.:roll_eyes:Have a good day.

4. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    Well the neighbors. As long as it ain't you and the fam no concern with the neighbors unless they come out shooting.:big_smile:
    John ask them both this question. If you have a screen or paper filter on a fuel intake what is its main purpose. Its to screen out dirbish like dirt leaves well you get the picture. How much dust do you see running across the river or lake which ever the case may be.:wink: