Car Ramps

Discussion in '4X4 Truck Talk and Repairs' started by billNpam, Feb 7, 2008.

1. billNpam

billNpam Active Member

State:
    Alabama
    I need some help... How do I keep my metal car ramps from sliding out while driving up on them on a garage floor? I have tried placing a rug down underneath and still have the same problem. I have even went to the extent of painting the garage floor with nonskip paint but still have the same issue. Any Ideas

2. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    This might be off the wall,Bill but If it were me ,I would use a couple pieces of angle iron,drill em and get a couple sets of anchors for the floor,then you could remove them and replace the bolts into the anchors when not needed

3. DANZIG

DANZIG New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    Or,,,, If you expect to be doing this on a regular basis and it is worth it to you,,,,

Gettcha a couple big steel pins,(Like for your hitch receiver) tie 'em to your ramps so you have them handy, drill holes in your floor (and the bottoms of your ramps if they do not have them already) And set your ramps and drop the pins through both holes.
    'Spect that would get it and not be too big a hassle.

4. cantstopgrandma

cantstopgrandma New Member

State:
    MD
    I like DANZIG's idea, but here's a couple more:

Get a lift (dont i wish)

Use a jack and jackstands (a little bit more trouble than the ramps)

But seriously, i'd drill 2 holes, and if nothing else you could just drop in the pins and set the ramps up in front of them.

5. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    Maybe try to weld some angle iron on the bottom front of the ramp and bolt a piece of heavy rubber to it like from a tire or something....might work...but i like the pins idea also!!!

6. lawnman61

lawnman61 New Member

State:
    Fort Worth, Tex
    I gave up on the car ramps years ago, I have a 2 ton floor jack and jack stands, it may be a little more hasle but I much perfer the floor jack.
    The pin idea is good idea if you wish to use the ramps. just mho.

:big_smile:

7. billNpam

billNpam Active Member

State:
    Alabama
    I like the Pin Idea but I am the oil changer for the whole family both the wifes and mine. I am concened that the wheel bases would not be the same and I would have holes all over my garage floor

8. Midwest Drifter

Midwest Drifter New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Cut some light boards. And lay between ramps and wall or bench. It won't take much to keep them from sliding. I'v had them shoot out when backing off.