Car of Tomorrow: Opinions?

Discussion in 'Wolfman's Nascar Pit Stop' started by rich-online, Jul 2, 2007.

1. rich-online

rich-online New Member

State:
    California
    Now that there have been a few races with the Car of Tomorrow, does anyone have an opinion one way or the other? I've read that the drivers don't like the cars because the new cars don't handle as well as the old ones, but I haven't read any reports from spectators.

-- Rich

2. KansasKatter

KansasKatter New Member

State:
    Wichita Kansas
    I don't really like them, to me it is to much like watching the trucks race. They handle about like the trucks, and it may be just my imagination, but they look like they are really slow.

I hate to see what is going to happen when they run the COT in a restrictor plate race.....:confused2:

3. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Best thing to happen to NASCAR since the Hans device.

4. smokey

smokey New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    As fas as saftey goes Dieter is right, but,I think that that the car well all be the same and it will endup likc IROC and will just go around the track waiting for the race to be won in the pits or with a break down.This is one time that being equal is not a good thing.I say make the cars safe, they dont have to fit the same templit. smokey

5. Arkie55

Arkie55 New Member

State:
    Mississippi
    I like the COT. It puts more driver ability into the race result. Give it some time and you'll see the other teams catch up with Hendrick. All the drivers that have been around for a while says that the COT is more like the cars of old. I think the racing will be real good once everone gets a good feel for setting it up.

6. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY

I agree for the most part. They still need tweaked a little bit but other than that I like them. As was said,I'm eager to see them in a restrictor plate race...That may be a boring race. I think restrictor plates should be scrapped...Sorry,thats a whole different thread! :crazy::smile2:

7. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    Im with Smokey on this one....its gonna be like the IROC series.

8. bilyjojimbob

bilyjojimbob New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    I hate watching IROC unless an Earnhardt wins.

9. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    Take the manufacturer out of it and half of what is left of racing is gone.
    Some nice Chevies were born from Cup racing over the years.
    That incentive is gone.

The COT is the first step to taking the manufacturers completely out of it.
    I think eventually when the dust settles and the fans accept the COT the move will be made to make all the engines the same.

Go cart racing comes to mind.

10. vfourmax

vfourmax New Member

State:
    Va
    Nascar has really gone down the tubes and they definately do not race like they used to. Gone are the days that fans actually knew a retaliation from a driver fued was coming and added character to a race. gone are the days of having colorful drivers attitudes such as SR, Spencer, a young D. Waltrip, Tim Richmond, A young Rusty Wallace, Ernie "SWERVIN" Irvan where part of the excitement was what would these guys do next? Now its ride around in a circle and do not let your tires go below the yellow line! How many remember the pass of Davey Allison clean down on the inside off the track to win a race even though he ended up on the roof after crossing the finish line? Or having Rusty, DW and Sr. in the front at Bristol with 5 laps left wondering which one was going to end up in the wall first KNOWING THE FINISH WAS GOING TO BE ROUGH AND EXCITING! Sadly those days are gone and so is a lot of the fun of being a Nascar fan..

11. psg2628

psg2628 New Member

State:
    Austin, Texas
    I would have to say that when all of the dust settles, the COT will be a good dedcision for NASCAR to have made. We may not like it right now, BUT, wait until 2009 and it should be a different story.