Car Dealer flushes OU's season down the toilet!

Discussion in 'Ersel's Gridiron Talk' started by KansasKatter, Aug 3, 2006.

1. KansasKatter

KansasKatter New Member

State:
    Wichita Kansas
    OUCH!!

How would you like to be the car dealer/booster in Norman that just cost OU a chance at one of their best seasons in years?!:roll_eyes:

2. shotdemducks

shotdemducks New Member

State:
    kansas
    Serves them sooners right. GO BIG RED!!:lol:

3. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    They probably are not going to lie down and die like the Big 12 seems to wish. Even w/o the QB, they are still gonna be good. 1973 - ace QB declared inelgible to play due to HS principle admiting he changed a grade so the kid would be elgible to play college ball. Scrub QB took over and had a pretty decent time - lost 1 game in 4 years. If the QB's on campus gets their reps before the start of conference, it could still be a magical season. There is still not any competition in the Northern Division and only two teams in the Southern to worry about. BOOMER SOONER

4. sairving

sairving New Member

State:
    Fort Worth, Texas
    It must be nice to get paid for not working!!! UT sure does appreciate it though!!! LOL

5. tatersalad

tatersalad New Member

State:
    Clover, SC
    Thank goodness the players didn't have any role in the violation! I would certainly hate to see them have any responsibility for screwing up their own lives. Think of the ramifications in all sports if that were the case.

6. TxRiverman

TxRiverman New Member

State:
    Lockhart Tx
    Being a diehard LONGHORN it would be easy to trash OU now. But i wont,its not the schools fault,nor does the fault lie only on the booster. Most of the blame should lie with the players who decided that they would cheat the system. Kudos to OU for taking quick and decisive action on this matter instead of trying to cover it up.

7. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    Why thank you Aaron. Kind words indeed from a Longhorn. I have always maintained there are two types of people who support the 'horns and sooners. Those that absolutely hate anything from the other state, and those who enjoy the yearly competition - wether its on the field or trading jabs and barbs.

My understanding is that Bomar and Quinn did not have to be dismissed from the team. That was a coach/university decision. They thought it was a flagrant violation of NCAA rules, esp. by Bomar, and Quinn got carried along on the ride. I believe other teams have had similar experiences and the players were not allowed to play in one to three games that season. Bomar has had previous chances but when you don't learn from your mistakes, the school is not going to keep you around to make more. It may cost the school a dream season, but they are going to keep their principles in tact. Stoops had some big ones. I think this could have cost Stoops about a quarter of a million dollars = bonus's for winning the Big 12 Championsip, Bonus for finishing high in the pols, and bonus for winning a National Championship. I would bet he didn't even think of his possible financial loss until way after the fact.

Look at some of the other threads about the subject. You can almost see the brethern smiling in their posts.

8. gadzooks

gadzooks New Member

State:
    Kingwood, Tx (Houston)
    Bomar knew better. It was his choice to flush his career down the drain, no sympathy there.

9. ersel

ersel New Member

State:
    Haughton Louisiana
    It makes you wonder where Bomar will be in ten years. A matter of a few hundred dollars could change his life and if he keeps making bad choices cost him millions.

10. jlingle

jlingle New Member

State:
    Altus, Okl
    If I were a college coach, I wouldn't touch Rhett Bomar with a stick. The guy just can't accept the fact that he's not above the rules. He has to act like a responsible human being, even when everyone treats him like he's something special. I say the heck with that punk, he brought it all on himself. He squandered a golden opportunity. He'll probably end up playing at some D-II school & then being called a "huge gamble" in the draft with nobody picking him up, because he never got coached worth a crap after he left Norman. I hope it was worth it, Rhett!!

I sincerely hope that twerp got out of Oklahoma before the news broke. If he lived around here, there'd be a lynch mob at his house, and the only folks supporting him would be OSU fans! lmao Hey, I'm an Oklahoma fan whether it's Oklahoma university or Oklahoma state university. I'd just really love to see these players in high profile positions (like Bomar was) step up and act like responsible student/athletes for once. This guy thought he was above the law, as evidenced by his 2 drinking violations (one of which was in front of 19,000 fans at a Hornets game, DUH!) and by his cheating a car dealership by being clocked in while he was not working. The blame lies squarely on the athletes in this case, not on the booster.

11. Big Sam

Big Sam Well-Known Member

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    Where the hell is Switzer when you need a good cover up?:cool2: Those were the good ol'e days....

12. jlingle

jlingle New Member

State:
    Altus, Okl
    Well said Sam!!!! Where is ol' Barry when you need him?!?! Now that's funny right there, I don't care who you are.

13. ersel

ersel New Member

State:
    Haughton Louisiana
    I hope they can make it through the first couple of games to get things straitened out without a loss.