Car Accident--Thank you Jesus

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by countrygirl0569, Jul 18, 2007.

1. countrygirl0569

countrygirl0569 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    About 12 1/2 hours ago I was in a serious car accident.. The weather has been pretty good recently but there were some storms last night. I was on my way out to pick up a friend for dinner, when I hit a slick spot and lost control of vehicle, getting the '04 suburban wedged inbetween a large drain pipe down the ditch and a tree. If not for the tree, the truck would have flipped over into the creek below..
    After seeing the truck, which was supposed to be nearly indestructable, crushed up like a tin can..I can only thank God for such a miracle when I came out unharmed.
    Please drive safe brothers and sisters...The worst can happen in a matter of seconds when you least expect it..
    But may I say it's a great day to be alive!

2. tspergin

tspergin New Member

State:
    newark ohio
    Glad to see you werent hurt seriously,sounds like you were being watched over and protected

3. loanwizard

loanwizard Well-Known Member

State:
    Coshocton,
    I can't believe that you nearly destroyed a Sububan... I too thought they were indestructable. Remember, the metal can be replaced, you can't. Give your mom and dad an extra hug today. No parent should ever have to bury their child.

Thoughts and prayers from Ohio,
    Shawn

4. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Praise God From Whom all Blessings Flow!! I agree with you;it is a Great Day to be Alive. You Folks out there: Buckle Up and drive the SpeedLimit only when weather permits. If weather is nasty SLOW DOWN!! As an exparamedic and I'm positive Brother Rusty can back me up on this,I've scraped, more people off the hiway that I:wink can count.Either cause they were going way too fast or because they decided they could drink and drive.Please ya all Life is short enough as it is lets all strive to be careful while driving and wise to see what other drivers are doing at the same time.All so we can get to our desinations safely and back home safely! I love you all family.~~~~~Sister Pat:wink::big_smile:

5. jeremiad

jeremiad Well-Known Member

Name:
    Unspecified
    Ashley,

It is certainly good to know that you are doing okay. Thank you for sharing that good praise report!

6. splitshot

splitshot New Member

State:
    Coxsakie,N.Y.
    Glad to hear your okay Ashley, next time your driving in the rain slow down a little. Wet roads can be just as dangerous as icy roads.

7. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    Well young lady 17 is very early to learn one of lifes toughest lessons ie that it can be taken away from you in the blink of an eye.Now of course you have a much fuller appreciation for exactly how precious it is.I have never understood why parents will absolutely go stark raving mad if you suggest that they buy a gun for their children and teach them to use it correctly,yet will, without hesitation buy them a car or let them drive a car.Our highways are one of the most dangerous places one earth.Our highway deaths since just 1950 exceed all our KIAS for ALL our wars!!!!Just one normal year in that span saw 50-60 thousand dead a figure it took 10 years to achieve in VIETNAM.Think about that every time you turn on the ignition!!!!!!!They need to bring back that movie we used to see in high school called Signal 30, I think.It was filmed on the Ohio turnpike and showed nothing but smashed cars and broken dis membered bodies being pulled from them.Many girls used to get sick watching and some boys also but I'll tell you when you walked out you were a better driver.Parents think about it long and hard before letting your kids have or drive a car,because it may be the last time you see them.!!!!

8. catfisherman60

catfisherman60 New Member

State:
    Greenwood AR.
    Glad to here you ok. the Lord watching over you.

9. catstalker459

catstalker459 New Member

State:
    state line city, indiana
    glad to hear u are ok. would hate to have something happen to ya .

10. greg

greg USCA - STAFF Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    GA/ Ia
    glad you are ok, had you not been in a suburban the outcome may have been different.

11. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Glad to hear you are OK. I have been in a couple serious accidents and know that I am lucky to still be around also.

Remember to slow down in wet conditions, even more in snow. Life can change in the blink of an eye girl.

Hope you are not too sore.

12. GoFish_Tony

GoFish_Tony New Member

State:
    Big Rock, IL
    Wow Ashley!! We are all so glad that you are OK. I agree with what others are saying here. Take this as a very "cheap" life lesson. Life is precious and fragile. We ALL need to slow down and appreciate each moment of each day.

I'm thankful that you are still here with us. It wouldn't be the same here without you (or any of my BOC brothers or sisters).

Tony
    _

13. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    I was going to say about the same thing as Tony.

Most young people want to dive way too fast for their driving experience.
    Don't forget your lesson and very glad you or no one else was hurt.

14. punkin570

punkin570 New Member

State:
    MS

Ashley, Tony could not have said it any better, you are one very luck young lady. Hugs to mom and dad, Im sure they are pretty relieved to know you are ok reguardless of the shape of the surburban. The angels were with you that day especially, you were very blessed. Just be careful from here on out.

15. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    When my daughter started driving the insurance agent came out to the house and talked to her. He said statistics show that most new drivers will have a least one accident in the first 2 yrs. She had two. Hope you had your first and last. Glad you are OK. Now my 2 boys were a complete different story. They had more.

16. duxsrus

duxsrus New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    I too know what you've been through Ashley. I completely demolished my 3/4 ton work truck because it hydroplaned on a wet interstate and I ended up crashing head-on into a solid concrete wall doing 50MPH or better. The doc said the air bag and seatbelt were the only reasons I survived. I was so sore and beat up for weeks. It sure gave me an entirely different outlook on driving after that. I'm so glad you're OK. Take it easy driving from now on OK. :wink:

17. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    It pays to let God be the pilot. Glad you were not hurt.

18. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    I was 17 when I had my first experience with hydro-plaining. I'm a little slow so it took the second time for me to learn to slow down when the roads were wet:eek:oooh:. At that age we think we are invincible but we are not. Ashley you look like a smart young women please learn from your first experience and slow down when the conditions call for it:wink:.

19. Hope

Hope New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Amen!

(((((((((Ashley))))))))))) Take good care, please!

With love,
    Hope

20. catman529

catman529 New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    wow, glad you made it out of that alive!