Capsized boats

Discussion in 'MISSOURI RIVERS TALK' started by Mi11er, Oct 17, 2007.

1. Mi11er

Mi11er New Member

State:
    Independence, M
    I don't know if this has been covered but I read in the paper today that the rescue team was searching for bodies in the MO river. I guess they found a couple of fishing boats ( one upside down, one right side up) floating down the river between Kaw point and riverfront park. I didn't know if anyone heard anything or not. I truely hope that no one would go out with the river like this. There is a TON of stuff floating down.

2. dougc

dougc Active Member

State:
    Independen
    That was a couple of days ago- they determined the boats had drifted downstream (with nobody in them). We're getting belted with a whole 'nother bunch of water now!

3. Mi11er

Mi11er New Member

State:
    Independence, M
    well that is good to hear, you are right I don't know when this rain is going to stop. It will be a while before you will be able to get back on the river

4. crazy

crazy New Member

State:
    Kansas CIty, MO
    Yeah like tomorrow! :big_smile: Whats a little water coming down the river. If there's fish to be caught might as well just do it.

5. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    I fish the river when its all jacked up with debris also. Usually, if there is a good breeze, one side of the river will stay relatively clean so you can run, but occasionally its so choked up you cant go ten feet without having to dodge wood chunks. I'll still fish days like that, however I'll never get the boat up on plane as lower units and props arnt cheap. I'll just idle around and fish near the boat ramp. Unfortunately, another rapid rise is going to keep the fish pretty scattered too. :sad2:

6. crazy

crazy New Member

State:
    Kansas CIty, MO
    I'm hopping it brings some more fish up river. Should make fishing this winter a lot better then last year.

7. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Yeah you guys had a rough winter last year didnt you Josh? Maybe you can get some decent numbers of fish to head up that way this year. I'll let the little ones know its okay to head to KC, and the big one's can stay here on the east side. :wink::smile2:

8. crazy

crazy New Member

State:
    Kansas CIty, MO
    Yeah from about Sept. of last year to about May of this year the fish just where not around. There around now though and should stay.