capefear tournament (downtown -wilmington)

Discussion in 'TOURNAMENT TALK' started by catfish98054, Mar 29, 2009.

1. catfish98054

catfish98054 New Member

State:
    hampstead,
    there will be a tournament april 25th on the capefear river anyone interested pm me thanks randy

2. FATFLATTIE

FATFLATTIE New Member

State:
    ILM, NC
    I'm in that's for sure! Looking forward to it a lot, should be a heck of a time!

3. FATFLATTIE

FATFLATTIE New Member

State:
    ILM, NC
    Just thought I'd add that it's going to be from 4pm to 12am back at the ramp by 12:30. I think we're gonna have a blast. Randy's writing up the rest of the rules and I'm sure he'll post them as soon as he's got them ready.

4. catfish98054

catfish98054 New Member

State:
    hampstead,
    Capefear cats

1-2 fish weigh in per boat
    2-observe all local,state and federal fishing regulations
    3-obey all safety and boating regulations
    4-8 rod limit per boat (rod& reel ONLY NO OTHER MEANS )
    5-tournament waters off limits 24 hours before tournament
    6- no trailering allowed ( no exceptions)
    7-must be at weigh in no later than 30 minutes after tournament ends =( fish 4 till 12 – 12:30 cut off at scales)
    8-directors reserve the right to refuse any applicants,if caught cheating you will not be eligible to fish any other touranments …..
    9-all boat captains must check in with directors prior to tournament
    10-catch and relaeseof all live fish would be apprecitated (15inch minimum size limit )

Entry fee 20.00 per man
    10.00 dollars per boat big fish pot
    100% pay back paying positions determined by no, of entries
    Capefear cats tournament

SATURDAY APRIL 25th on the capefear river
    Launch from downtown wilmington
    Hours 4;00 pm till 12;00
    Contact RANDY WOOTEN
    980-721-3684

5. martygreen

martygreen Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Rock Hill,S.C.
    Good Luck on your Tourneys Randy,hope yall have a great turnout and it keeps on growing for you.Wish I could make one out that way some time,Wilmingtons a pretty good haul but doable.We appreciate you coming up and fishing our Tourney,hopefully we can return the favor one of these weekends.:wink:

6. CRAPPIEMAN

CRAPPIEMAN New Member

State:
    GASTONIA N
    Randy hope to get down there and fish one with yall good luck

7. catfish98054

catfish98054 New Member

State:
    hampstead,
    the fish are turning on in the river caught 25 today (only 4 nice ones ) should be a good tourney

8. FATFLATTIE

FATFLATTIE New Member

State:
    ILM, NC
    Lets see if we can get a roll call for those that are going to be able to make it.

Right now I know it's:
    Randy, Kyle, and myself.

Come on guys lets have a good turn out for this thing, I know there's more than 3 of us that's going to fish it!!

9. FATFLATTIE

FATFLATTIE New Member

State:
    ILM, NC
    Common' lets see some names people, it's only a couple weeks away!!

10. CRAPPIEMAN

CRAPPIEMAN New Member

State:
    GASTONIA N
    Wes you and Randy get ready Bruce and myself will be there. Hopefuly we can give yall a little competition.:smile2::smile2:

11. FATFLATTIE

FATFLATTIE New Member

State:
    ILM, NC
    Well, the tourney is only 2 days away......Time to get your bait, rods, rigs, boats, lucky hats, ect ready to rock and roll. I am absolutely itching to get out there. I'm hoping we'll have a good turn out but I don't care if it's Randy, Straw and his partner, Kyle, and myself we're going fishin':smile2: Gonna be hard to sleep tonight and tomorrow night that's for sure!!:wink:

PS-Straw I'm just hoping Randy and I can give you a little competition! You've still caught a bigger blue than either of us:crazy:

12. CRAPPIEMAN

CRAPPIEMAN New Member

State:
    GASTONIA N
    Wes you and Randy did a good job saturday night congrats on the win. congrats to Kyle on big fish. I had a good time good luck on the rest of the tournys.

13. catfish98054

catfish98054 New Member

State:
    hampstead,
    the tournament went well fish were caught by all we had 4 teams showed up for the very first one the bite was fair but the big fish eluded us all.thanks to the fishermen who came out hope this is just a start one team came down from gastonia to fish with us winning weight was 24 lbs(2 fish limit) big fish was 14lbs all fish but 1 were 10 lbs and better baits were eel,shad ,& bream got a few pictures . and again thanks guys for partisapating in our first tourney more to come see you there

Attached Files:

14. mhbomber

mhbomber New Member

State:
    Wilmington
    Congrats Wes and Randy on the win! Nice fish you got there too Kyle! Glad to hear the tourny went well. Hopefully I will be in town for the next tournament and you can count me in.

15. Jollymon

Jollymon Well-Known Member

State:
    Wilm .N.C
    Randy ,we enjoyed the tourn.sat nite even though we didn,t get any of your money this time we will at a later date ha ha .the fishing was enjoyable but getting to meet everyone was most enjoyable to me. thanks again for the good time TEAM DUMPTRUCK

by the way the 2nd pic is my son Aaron /little dumptruck

16. FATFLATTIE

FATFLATTIE New Member

State:
    ILM, NC
    Man it was a blast! Like Dickie said, getting to meet everyone and shoot the breeze was the most enjoyable part to me as well. It was good to put a face with some names. Hopefully the bite will be better at Sutton for the big fish next time. It wouldn't surprise me a bit to see a 2 fish limit of well over 50lbs come in there. Once again it was awesome fishing with you guys and l look forward to doing it again soon. I'm sure we'll have a few more people at the next one too.​

17. outdoorX

outdoorX New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Well guys im sorry to say but this tourny coming up someone else is going to have to take the big fish pot cause ill be in virgina training. jus whoever it is dont get to comfortable cause ill be back. lol.. had a blast at the tourny and so you all know caught a 30lb flathead monday and had one chase bait to the boat that was down right monster. i was shaking lol.

18. catfish98054

catfish98054 New Member

State:
    hampstead,
    hey boys lets do it again ,this time at sutton lake on may 16th we will fish from 6 pm till 2 am . so bring in on come one come all same rules as first one

19. catfish98054

catfish98054 New Member

State:
    hampstead,
    here are the rules so you don,t have to hunt them
    Capefear cats

1-2 fish weigh in per boat
    2-observe all local,state and federal fishing regulations
    3-obey all safety and boating regulations
    4-8 rod limit per boat (rod& reel ONLY NO OTHER MEANS )
    5-tournament waters off limits 24 hours before tournament
    6- no trailering allowed ( no exceptions)
    7-must be at weigh in no later than 30 minutes after tournament ends =( fish 4 till 12 – 12:30 cut off at scales)
    8-directors reserve the right to refuse any applicants,if caught cheating you will not be eligible to fish any other touranments …..
    9-all boat captains must check in with directors prior to tournament
    10-catch and relaese of all live fish would be apprecitated (15inch minimum size limit )

Entry fee 20.00 per man
    5.00 dollars per man big fish pot
    100% pay back, paying positions determined by no, of entries
    Capefear cats tournament

SATURDAY may 16th at sutton lake

Hours 6;00 pm till 2;00 am
    Contact RANDY WOOTEN (980-721-3684) OR WES COLLETT(336-403-6355)

20. FATFLATTIE

FATFLATTIE New Member

State:
    ILM, NC
    I'll be there. Looking forward to it:wink: