CapeFear River

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA RIVERS TALK' started by TheGrizz18, Feb 15, 2009.

1. TheGrizz18

TheGrizz18 New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Hey guys I'm new to the site and i'm ready to start getting on some big cats since duck seasons over but not sure whats biting yet. I usually fish for flatheads in the summer months on the cape fear but was wondering if the bite would be any good right now. Just wondering if it would be worth the time of getting the boat ready, catching bait, spending money, rigging rods, etc..... Good luck guys and tight lines

2. catfish98054

catfish98054 New Member

State:
    hampstead,
    welcome to the boc its always worth the time and money to getout on the water not sure about the flat bite but the blues are a little slow rite now or i,m not finding them on my outings some are being caught but not the quality or quanty as they were a few weeks back good luck eels and fresh cut bait are best

3. CRAPPIEMAN

CRAPPIEMAN New Member

State:
    GASTONIA N
    Welcome to the BOC GRIZZ18

4. 07_hemi_thunderroad

07_hemi_thunderroad New Member

State:
    north caro
    what part of the cape fear do you fish?

5. outdoorX

outdoorX New Member

State:
    Ohio
    If your hunting flats above the number 1 lock and damn it aint quite time for them the water is right about 50 degrees. there out of wintering holes but they arnt traveling far yet. if you do get out you might find them congested in an area, look real hard with your depth finder cause there wintering hole is probably real close. thats something to remember next winter. The guys aint been having bad luck on sutton though. Wes jus caught a 30 lb, and i caught one that was 6 lbs saturday night.

6. TheGrizz18

TheGrizz18 New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Thanks guys for the friendly welcome. I must say that the people on the fishing forum are a whole lot more helpfull then the people on the hunting forums lol. I fish mostly in elizabeth town but I have tried some other areas of the cape fear but I prefer elizabeth town. I cant wait untill it gets hot so I can get back out on the water. Anyone caught anything recently on the cape fear worth talking about?