capefear at riverside

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA RIVERS TALK' started by bronco67, Oct 18, 2005.

1. bronco67

bronco67 New Member

State:
    nc
    Hello all I am planning to fish riverside on the capefear river this saturday and heard to go up river and I have heard to go down river. anybody know where to go please chime in thanx in advance. :confused:

2. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    I have no set holes to fish. There is plenty of productive areas up and down river. Utilize the depth finder and the geographical lay of the river in search of eddies, structure or feeding areas.
    The farther you go upriver the shallower it gets . If you venture up to the new 295 bridge beware once you go under that bridge. There is a huge structure in the form of an underwater dam that has claimed a many a prop and boat. At the level the river is now there might be 18 inches of water on it.

I saw one of these nice "shallow water" jet boats get hung up on it for 45 minutes a while back after he slammed it pretty good.

I'd like to go myself this weekend but its too early to tell if I can or not.

3. Southernraised84

Southernraised84 New Member

State:
    Fayettnam, North Carolina
    Up river or down river is good.It is really up to you i would suggest useing live or cut eel as well.You can catch flatties and blues with that bait.If the river is a lil high i think you should head downstream to Rock Fish creek and get on that lil sand bar down stream of where it feeds to the Cape and set up on the bank i have caught alot of nice fish there on eel last time i fished there had a fish straight a clip on a two hook leader clean out.Hope this helps

4. bronco67

bronco67 New Member

State:
    nc
    thanks southernraised and mark j for the info one more ? is riverside safe for trucks and trailers at night or is the kind of place you leave the doors unlocked so they dont break your window ;) ;)

5. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    We have never experienced any problems at riverside. It's the only ramp in and around Fayetteville i will use mainly for this reason.
    I think one of our members is a sheriff deputy in Cumberland county and swings through there quite often.

6. bronco67

bronco67 New Member

State:
    nc
    tanks again for the info hope to have a good safe stress free weekend :D

7. hhefner

hhefner New Member

State:
    Spring Lake
    Hey guys, Im still watching the area. it has been quiet there lately. In fact I have been fishing there all weekend and had no problems. I go back to days for 2 weeks so Ill do my best. Be Safe out there, If needed dial *1500 or 323-1500 and ask for Fayetteville P.D.

Hef. :D

8. fwmud

fwmud New Member

State:
    Wilson's Mills,nc
    Hef, I ain't been to riverside in a while.
    Just wanted to say thanks,one, for the job you do, and a special thanks
    for looking after the guys fishin that area.
    Who said the police are never around when ya need them?
    LOL! be safe bro.,
    Keith

9. Southernraised84

Southernraised84 New Member

State:
    Fayettnam, North Carolina
    Its been awhile since i have been on here.I got a new job in Raleigh and i have since moved here so i dont get to fish my beloved cape fear no where near as much :sad: .I havent fished in almost a month.I will be on here more now i have bought a laptop so i would like to say hi to all i havent spoke to in awhile so hi