Cape Fear River

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA RIVERS TALK' started by BILLYP, Jan 4, 2007.

1. BILLYP

BILLYP New Member

State:
    Fayetteville, North Carol
    does anybody know if the fish are bitting good rightn ow and where?

2. awp

awp New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Need to know where there is a good place to put a boat in the Cape Fear below Fayetteville and if a peason can buy eels around there?
    thanks Alan

3. JDWILLIS39

JDWILLIS39 New Member

State:
    NC
    You can put in at Riverside (Person Street) ($5.00) and they sell ells. There is Wildlife ramp on Old 87 or Old Wilmington Road just off Hwy 87 Take West Mountain Drive exit and go east and turn right on Old Wilmington Road.
    River is pretty high right now.

4. joe0580

joe0580 New Member

State:
    north carolina
    we have caught a lot of nince fish between lock 3 and lock 1 in rigelwood. just depends on water level and bait. i catch my own eels but you can buy them now at most bait shops now. if need any other info call me or im me. i help as much as possible ok.

5. BILLYP

BILLYP New Member

State:
    Riverside is a good place to put in at becasue it has a double ramp plus you can get a year for $60.00 plus they sell eels for i think 1.25 each. The minnows have always done me good from there also, had very few to none die on me all night. They are real nice to ya down there that is where I always put in at.

6. BILLYP

BILLYP New Member

State:
    I was just wondering if anybody has heard anything about LIVE Bream or Bluegill being illegal to use as bait on the Cape Fear? I havent ready anything about it on the Conservation website but i was just curious. Anything on this would be most appreciated.

7. WHEELMOBILE07

WHEELMOBILE07 New Member

State:
    Martinsville, Virginia
    I know Im going to have to hit up the Cape Fear as soon as I can. Have a lot of carolinian friends that only have said good things about that river.

Wheelmobile07

8. bilyjojimbob

bilyjojimbob New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    from what the wildlife officer told me you can use bream if you caught them on a rod and reel.

9. riddleofsteel

riddleofsteel New Member

State:
    NC
    That supports what the rule book says and what they told me when I called Raleigh.