cape fear river

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA RIVERS TALK' started by BIGFLAT, Jun 20, 2009.

1. BIGFLAT

BIGFLAT Member

State:
    Broadway NC
    fished last friday night from 7:30 til 8:30 sat. morning caught 4 fish,
    missed 4 fish biggest one caught 28 lb flathead. Used live bream and
    put in at Riverside.

2. marcusbigdaddy1

marcusbigdaddy1 New Member

State:
    ohio
    I was stationed at camplejune from 93 to 99. I fished the capefear every weekend when i was not on ship I cought 1000 lbs in one night. and my biggest was 72 lbs. I fished a cpl of miles down river from the power plant

3. catfishhunter2009

catfishhunter2009 New Member

State:
    North Caro
    I've been going out on lock one and it hasn't been to prooductive the last 4-5 trips . We've been getting a few here and there , but nothing to brag about . I went 2 days ago during the day and caught one female about 4#s , and let me tell you she was slap full of clams . So my guess is there not going to be reel active till they get of the clam beds . I've gone day and night and the only thing I've caught them on is cut eel . :crazy::tounge_out::eek:oooh::wink::smile2::confused2:

4. The Flathead Reaper

The Flathead Reaper New Member

State:
    Grays Cree
    i sure hope so........nick may run up with us...........mako probably wont make it

5. catfishhunter2009

State:
    North Caro
    Im in , where you guys wanten to go ? Don't to much matter , im in .:smile2::wink::smile2::big_smile: :go::0a24: :0a23:

6. The Flathead Reaper

State:
    Grays Cree
    hey nick.........thanks again for the company..........we posted the pics in the other thread................i still cant believe no blues!

7. The Flathead Reaper

State:
    Grays Cree
    i still feel like we did something wrong............maybe like we were in a stocked pond or something!:smile2:

8. catinthenet

catinthenet New Member

State:
    north carolina
    I put in at riverside and fish north around the pwc plant and down below the the ramp. I got one small channel and only had one short run on a bait clicker. It was a nice nite though.

9. The Flathead Reaper

State:
    Grays Cree
    thats what counts..........as long as you enjoyed yourself and the company you were in! keep working at it! thats a tough section of the river to fish.....especially on the weekends!

10. Jollymon

Jollymon Well-Known Member

State:
    Wilm .N.C
    YOU GUYS SHOULD HAVE THAT BREAM POND PRETTY WELL STOCKED BY NOW ,:wink::smile2:

11. catfishhunter2009

State:
    North Caro
    Ya man we'll have to do it again , I had a blast . Thanks for comeing down my way some , it payed off for us . :wink::smile2: :0a24::0a22:

12. fishin magician

fishin magician New Member

State:
    nc
    We fished today between tar heel and e town got really wet only caught 1 channel cat 5 lbs, used cut bream and night crawlers.

13. The Flathead Reaper

State:
    Grays Cree
    thanks for the info brian.........with feedbacks like this.....no doubt we did the right thing this weekend...................keep trying brian...........next time stop off at t&z and pick up a few eels! they worked for us last night!:wink: