Cape Fear River Today 5/17

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA RIVERS TALK' started by Cathunter Pete, May 17, 2008.

1. Cathunter Pete

Cathunter Pete New Member

State:
    Fayetteville NC
    I plan on going out on the River here in Fayetteville today. The newspaper said that the river level as of last night was 14.11ft. I've never caught any fish in the river when it's been running this high. Does anybody have a suggestions that will help us get some fish in the boat? Has anybody fished this stretch the past few days, since the rise? If so, how did you do. I plan on putting in the river around 5pm. Any help would be great. Thanks, god bless.

2. Brendin0702

Brendin0702 New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    i would try using strong smelling or really visible baits like cut shad or whatever you use.If there is a point where it is shallow and starts to get deep like a big dropoff i would fish around there. Just throw out your bait for 15-20 minutes and if there are no bites move to another spot and try to cover as much ground as you can. Good Luck!

3. FATFLATTIE

FATFLATTIE New Member

State:
    ILM, NC
    When the river is high like that it's best to fish the inside bends and shallow slack water. Just try and read the river and fish really shallow even 1-2ft. You can go up in the flooded bushes and catch them. However, it's not easy to catch them when it's like that. Good luck and let us know how you do.

4. fishhooked

fishhooked New Member

State:
    NC
    [FONT='Calibri','sans-serif']Is it worth going to try or should wait until the river comes down? [/FONT]